Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son 17 not sure if he bisexual or homosexual

Options
  • 06-11-2018 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Any advice from parent
    I love my son.
    But i am afraid he will get hurt, bullied, judged, excluded

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Give him space to work it out. There are people a lot older than him unsure about where they are on the Kinsey scale.

Also, I wouldn't worry about him being judged or excluded. He's nearly old enough to be out of secondary school, 3rd level is a very liberal place generally where he can join LGBT student societies etc, and there are lots of other resources for LGBt young people around the country. There's no guarantee he'll face bullying in secondary school either. Homophobia still exists to a certain extent, sure, but Ireland a generally good place to be LGBT, and having a supportive home environment is the most important thing anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Why does he think he's either?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Emmyroo, this is a relatively old thread. It's generally discouraged to bump these unless theres some relevance to the topic. After quite a few months, I dont think there's anything more the OP may be seeking on it.

Advertisement