Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honor(Huawei) Magic 2

Options
  • 06-11-2018 7:38pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Think I've found my next phone, it has many features of the Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro. Love the full screen display and really excited about the slide. I've looked at the Mi Mix 3 although think this has a better cam, battery and build. To be released soon for around 500 euro..

Key Specs

Near full screen display
    Under display fingerprint sensor
    Brand New Kirin 980
    6GB/128GB or 8GB/256GB
    MicroSD card slot
    3500Mah Battery(wish it was 4000)
    Expected 1.5 to 2 day battery with the new low power processor
    Triple camera setup

Magic 2 GSM Arena

An early review and comparison with the Mate 20 Pro

Thoughts?

Comments

I love how every year they talk about the new processor being 25% more power efficient or whatever. Never equates to 25% better battery!

Looks like a nice device. We're so spoiled for choice these days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Basil3 wrote:
    Looks like a nice device. We're so spoiled for choice these days.

Definitely, wish I had more cash :D
    Basil3 wrote:
    I love how every year they talk about the new processor being 25% more power efficient or whatever. Never equates to 25% better battery!

True, if it's anyway better than my LG V20, I'll be happy. Had a mate 8 before that and really miss the near two day battery..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Check out the Z5 Pro too

Check out the Z5 Pro too

Yeah, saw that but it's not flagship, I'd want a Snapdragon 845 or Kirin 970 at a minimum.

Update..

After further reading, only the Chinese version has been announced which means no Google Play by default and no band 20 for LTE.

Hopefully they'll release a global version..

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote:
    tedpan - If you're being more budget conscious I'd recommend Honor 10. I'm getting 2 days battery out of it and has most of the spec mentioned above. Picked mine up for 250 on Adverts, albeit it was a month old. They are approx 350 on eglobal sites and the like. Just an alternative!

Had a look at the Honor 10, it's a serious option alright! I will wait to see how much the magic is actually sold for once it's released as I like the idea of the Kirin 980 and the slide. I really want something with a huge battery, impressed that you're getting two days from 3400mah. I'll have to watch some more youtube reviews.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Deleted my post by accident - meant to edit. Half asleep this morning :)

Yes it's really great and the fast charging is brilliant too, so convenient. Had the standard P20 too and I prefer this.

Hopefully the slide will be durable and the price will be low! Under 500 and even i'd consider it next year!!

Edit: The View 10 Model (3750mah battery) is to be dropped in price Black Friday :

https://www.gsmarena.com/honor_view_10_will_be_just_349_for_black_friday-news-34117.php

Still really excited about this phone, the cam is amazing. Fingers are still crossed for the global release

Advertisement