Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French / Geography - Student Life

Options
  • 06-11-2018 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,
    I'm in 6th year and I'm thinking about doing French and Geography on the TSM in Trinity, and I was wondering what the student life is like for it. I know that this is the first time it's being offered together, so anyone doing French or Geography at Trinity - would you be able to tell me about your lecture hours per week, times, locations, workload etc.? I know it might not be the same for me, but I just want to get a feel for it! Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭Conchir

I did Geography. It was a very sociable course/subject, everyone in my year were friends with each other and with a few field trips and stuff, geography seemed to be where most people made their friends. I didn't know anyone doing French so can't speak for it, but when it came to people doing Geography and Sociology/Politics/other TSMs, Geography seemed to be where friends were made and stuck with. Maybe it had something to do with the lecture sizes, Geography was always smaller than the other ones. Though with French I think you'd go on Erasmus in JS year so that'd be good too.

Hours per week for me varied hugely through the years, around 20 in first year, 15 in second, 10ish for third and fourth. However, that also varied between people doing different subjects along with Geography. It was never very taxing and we always had plenty of free time. The work load was always manageable, though when I was in we didn't have Christmas exams so that may change things. The vast majority of Geography lectures are in the Museum Building, which is the centre of the campus. In first year you'd have some in the Hamilton or SNIAM. French I imagine is mostly in the Arts Block, languages are on the fourth or fifth floor I think, but I don't know for sure.

Edit: Should say, my knowledge of Trinity is all from the last 5 years. Finished my undergrad now, but still attending as a postgrad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 e567

Thanks for the info! :)

Advertisement