Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with sightlines for planning permission

Options
  • 05-11-2018 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I submitted a planning permission application recently and have just got a letter back from Limerick City and County Council stating that i do not meet the sightlines from a horizontal or vertical point of view. I need 90 metres on both sides however, while I have 90 metres on one side, i only have 62 metres on the other side. Needless to say, i can't move the entrance any more as i would be crossing into someone else's land. Has anyone any experience of dealing with this sort of issue? Is there any way around it?

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,263 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

very site specific

can you remove whatever the obstacle is 62 m away?
    does it require cutting back of hedgerow? or even the removal of hedgerow?
    you many need the permission and a letter of adjoining landowners for this

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Did you submit it yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 daveomahony

No, i didn't submit it myself. An engineer submitted it on my behalf. It is possible to get a letter of consent from a landowner to satisfy the horizontal sightline, however, it is not possible to satisfy the vertical sightline due to a slight dip in the road.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Well then go a speak to the local area engineer and see if they will accept this

Advertisement