Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Link - Newtown to Kilcock

• 05-11-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hello everyone

I was in touch with Local Link who don't currently run a service through Newtown, which is just outside Kilcock/Enfield.

After a few emails back and forth and a great chat with the Local Link manager, they have agreed to run a bus on Friday at 11:30am from Newtown and go into Kilcock.

I know it's a bespoke service, however, this is a preliminary route and discussions are ongoing to get a more permanent and regular bus service for the area. The reason Friday at 11:30am was chosen is because it was originally a request for my mother-in-law to have a service to get her pension.

It's free for those with a travel pass, and it's €5 in and €3 extra return for those not holding a travel pass.

It can be pre-booked within 24 hours of Friday at 11:30am. And leaves from Newtown and into Kilcock. At the moment there is no set time to return, it will return when same people who requested it are back on board the bus. If not requested, or your name not down it may leave without you (as far as I know).

If you're interested in booking this service, or live in the Newtown/Cloncurry/Enfield/Summerhill areas, and require regular transport in and out of Kilcock please get in touch with your Local Link services or ask here and I can try to answer as many questions as I know how.

If you feel it works for you - or you know someone who might - the more interest in this the better the chance of a more regular service.

Kind regards
    raglinroad

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Lord Glentoran

raglinroad wrote: »
    Hello everyone

I was in touch with Local Link who don't currently run a service through Newtown, which is just outside Kilcock/Enfield.

After a few emails back and forth and a great chat with the Local Link manager, they have agreed to run a bus on Friday at 11:30am from Newtown and go into Kilcock.

I know it's a bespoke service, however, this is a preliminary route and discussions are ongoing to get a more permanent and regular bus service for the area. The reason Friday at 11:30am was chosen is because it was originally a request for my mother-in-law to have a service to get her pension.

It's free for those with a travel pass, and it's €5 in and €3 extra return for those not holding a travel pass.

It can be pre-booked within 24 hours of Friday at 11:30am. And leaves from Newtown and into Kilcock. At the moment there is no set time to return, it will return when same people who requested it are back on board the bus. If not requested, or your name not down it may leave without you (as far as I know).

If you're interested in booking this service, or live in the Newtown/Cloncurry/Enfield/Summerhill areas, and require regular transport in and out of Kilcock please get in touch with your Local Link services or ask here and I can try to answer as many questions as I know how.

If you feel it works for you - or you know someone who might - the more interest in this the better the chance of a more regular service.

Kind regards
    raglinroad

Well done for enabling a positive change! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭raglinroad

Thanks for the kind words.

Hopefully, it's a start for the small village to connect to it's nearest town. The more people that request it the better the chance.

Here's hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put a notice in the local shop, pub, etc.

Thanks Victor.

There is no local shop, or pub. I don't live there myself,

After speaking with them they are putting together meetings with the local parish and groups to get a more regular service up and running, no timeframe yet, but initial conversation indicated about 3 months until a dedicated bus route and times could be drawn up.

Just an update.

Mother-in-law got the bus and was able to pick up her pension. The bus arrived on time, was very well run and it's a regular service for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭highdef

I think I was behind that bus as it drove to the village from the Kilcock direction. Was around 09:30 last Thursday.

Advertisement