We've partnered up with to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from and get an exclusive discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

GNIB renewals.

  • 05-11-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1 Grace2173

    Hi guys,

    I just recently graduated from UCD as a masters student. I will be renewing my 1g stamp for an initial 12 months. I am not really interested in the fields, that my Masters degree offer me, and more interested in doing that is something related to my Undergrad degree.

    My Master degree is more concentrated towards food and pharmaceuticals. Role such as analyst role, qc, qa, qp, technical assistant etc. And it is really hard to get into these fields, as i have no experience. And finding and internship is quite hard. And i really don't want to work in a lab based area.

    I really don't understand what kind of training the university provided in order to work in these fields, like technical assistant, really???? and almost all of these fields both in pharmaceutical and food industry are looking towards graduates in biochemistry.

    So my question is do we have to get a job that is related to the master degree, or Can I choose any field of science, where the employer is willing to sponsor my visa, but not like work in a shop or something. What I meant is a professional field work, any of science.

    It would be lovely if someone, just clear my head out.

    thank you......


  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Dizzyblonde

    Welcome to Boards. I've moved this to the Graduate forum because it's better suited to here than Dublin County North :)