Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tinypic images not showing

Options
  • 05-11-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

I posted over the weekend and included 2 images in my post, direct links from tinypic.com. I could see them on my home computer yesterday but this morning in looking at the post on my work computer they are not there. Here is thepost #744

Do you why the images are not showing?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

I can actually see them here too, has anyone else said they can't see them?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

I can also see it (Chrome). What browser and version of the site are you using, OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭boardtc

I can also see it (Chrome). What browser and version of the site are you using, OP?

Wow. Ye are right. I can see them in Chrome & Internet Explorer & Edge. But not in Firefox :-( I just figured it out. I'm using https://www.ghostery.com/ extension. If I disable that I see the images! Worth playing wiht that one for yourselves.

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I can see them in firefox using win 10

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Boards.ie Employee

When I turned off Ghostery's Smart Blocking (the light bulb image) those images loaded for me. Will you try that please and see if it makes a difference, on that post and others?

• Advertisement

Mark, the only option I have on ghostery smark blocking is to pause, which effectively disables it

Boards.ie Employee

Yes, deactivating this button is the only option I can see that enabled those images to be displayed.

465417.png

It might be possible to play around with the Trusted/Restricted sites options, but I didn't have much luck with that. It may be worth highlighting the issue with Ghostery support as I've seen a couple of similar issues raised on various sites in relation to interactions between the two.

Ok. I submitted a support request.

Advertisement