Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flying Cancun to Dublin via US, Immigration?

Options
  • 05-11-2018 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    So i am flying to Canun in a couple of weeks. route out is Dublin to Gatwick, Gatwick to Cancun. On the way back however, its Cancun to Philadelphia then Dublin. Its a 5 hour layover. I have ESTA's completed but do we need to pas via immigration etc? Unsure if i missed some paperwork that may need doing quickly

Thanks in Advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hi Guys
    So i am flying to Canun in a couple of weeks. route out is Dublin to Gatwick, Gatwick to Cancun. On the way back however, its Cancun to Philadelphia then Dublin. Its a 5 hour layover. I have ESTA's completed but do we need to pas via immigration etc? Unsure if i missed some paperwork that may need doing quickly

Thanks in Advance :)
    In Philadelphia, you will need to go through immigration, collect your checked bags, go through customs, hand your bags back, then go through security. If you have your ESTAs then you are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

coolio - thanks for that -

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Yes, you'll need to do immigration and customs in Philly. Bit of a nuisance when you're flying home from your hols.

not too bad i suppose. i might not be getting any hols.... not gonna complain ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,355 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I transited in Philly this time last year and there was a very long walk between the terminals. Didn't have to do security again but we arrived on an internal flight so had already been screened by TSA at O'Hare.

• Advertisement

We are flying into Terminal A and flying from same so hoping it will be ok time wise, Landing at 17:15 and depart at 21:05

Advertisement