Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving to Tullamore

• 03-11-2018 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, myself and my partner are viewing a few properties next week with the intention of buying and moving to Tullamore.We dont have to worry about schools as we have no children so a small house or aparment would be perfect.

Im wondering does anybody know if the areas below are nice, safe or any other input would be great.
    Thanks in advance,

Kearney Park
    The Granary apartments
    The Granary Market Square
    Altmore House
    Cahir Mhor

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Kearney Park would be ok. Old enough neighbourhood, quiet enough. You’ve a shop practically on your doorstep and you’re just a few mins shy of being in the centre of town.

I’d personally stay away from the granery but it’s close to everything and has parking.

Altmore house would be quiet enough I’d imagine you’re right at the shopping center too

Don’t know where Cahir mhor is and know nothing about it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SandraAnne

Thank

Thats really helpful cahir mhor is off the clonminch road,ill check them all out when im there.

Clonminch is a nice area. Best of luck with the move

Thanks again, ye, hopefully we find something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Kearney Park (older housing estate, quite area now and close to town centre)

The Granary apartments (stay well clear of this spot, very noisy with all sorts living in this block, apartments are small and packed tightly together)

The Granary Market Square (this is the same as above)

Altmore House (nice aparmtent block with private gates, close to train station and right in the town centre)

Cahir Mhor (Nice quite area, close to train station)

• Advertisement

Ah thanks thats a great help.Trying to cram in as much viewings as possible its difficult when you dont know the areas that well but its one of the nicest towns we have seen and close to Dublin.

We are looking at Hophill estate and kilbride street.

Thanks again.

SandraAnne wrote: »
    Ah thanks thats a great help.Trying to cram in as much viewings as possible its difficult when you dont know the areas that well but its one of the nicest towns we have seen and close to Dublin.

We are looking at Hophill estate and kilbride street.

Thanks again.

Hophill is a “lively” estate, lots of renters in there and quite a few immigrant families there too. But I havn’t heard of any trouble from there TBF

Yeah it would have had a worst reputation years ago I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Hophill is a “lively” estate, lots of renters in there and quite a few immigrant families there too. But I havn’t heard of any trouble from there TBF

What about Hophill church having €70k worth of vandalism a few days ago????

Omg, cant get the hang of this site,,second time to post ...ye, heard about the church,,I suppose stuff like that happens at times in towns

.We just sold an apartment in Dublin that was meant to be a private block but within two years the place was destroyed so now we cant afford to buy in Dublin, but ok about it now. Just being extra careful because I will cry if we pick the wrong place again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 redsky1

Kearney Park or Kilbride Street both very nice areas Kilbride just a stroll from the centre

Cahir Mhor would defiantly be the quietest part of town.
    It's a little out of town but still waking distance and near the train station.

Hophill is fine (aside from what happened the Church) but it will be noisy and with plenty of children around. Not that there is anything wrong with that but if you want the quite life but still live in town then I think Cahir Mhor would be the best option from your list.

Thanks Bennyineire,

Thats exactly what I want ' the quiet life ' great tips because the estate agencies dont really give you much details.

Ill have a look tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks Bennyineire,

Thats exactly what I want ' the quiet life ' great tips because the estate agencies dont really give you much details.

Ill have a look tomorrow and see what happens.

Some other areas to consider so for quietness and affordability

Anywhere in Spollenstown will be quite.

These older housing estates are right in the middle of town and are quite areas now, they may not show up as any house for sale at the moment but keep and eye out as they do pop up now and then

Marian Place
    Pearse Park
    O'Molloy Street

Thanks ill look out for those areas aswell.

SandraAnne wrote: »
    Thanks ill look out for those areas aswell.

How did you get on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 raik18

The church is called St Catherines church and there has been no connection between anyone in the Hop Hill estate to the vandalism.

Advertisement