Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car phone cutoff

Options
  • 03-11-2018 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

My new Huawei P20 works fine now on Bluetooth handsfree in the car, but my wife's new phone (same model), although showing connected on the radio screen, rings in ok but cuts off when she presses the answer button on the steering column (the call is still connected, but only on the phone itself) I've tried switching on/off and re-pairing, still no solution.
    Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

tony glenn wrote: »
    My new Huawei P20 works fine now on Bluetooth handsfree in the car, but my wife's new phone (same model), although showing connected on the radio screen, rings in ok but cuts off when she presses the answer button on the steering column (the call is still connected, but only on the phone itself) I've tried switching on/off and re-pairing, still no solution.
    Any ideas?
    Bluetooth in car needs an update I reckon,I've an aftermarket Bluetooth installed same problem at times, and will only allow calls,media etc for one device,even though it's a v decent Sony unit and stated clearly can work on 3?2 devices simultaneously

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Bluetooth in car needs an update I reckon,I've an aftermarket Bluetooth installed same problem at times, and will only allow calls,media etc for one device,even though it's a v decent Sony unit and stated clearly can work on 3?2 devices simultaneously

Thanks for the suggestion. It's 171 car, so I'm thinking the Bluetooth set up is fairly up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,642 ✭✭✭corks finest

Thanks for the suggestion. It's 171 car, so I'm thinking the Bluetooth set up is fairly up to date?
    Phone so

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Are there any other Bluetooth devices connected to the phone? I had that problem on my P9 when I had my watch set up for phone audio. Disabling phone audio on my watch fixed it for me.

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    Are there any other Bluetooth devices connected to the phone? I had that problem on my P9 when I had my watch set up for phone audio. Disabling phone audio on my watch fixed it for me.

No other devices, just two identical new phones.
    Btw, both worked ok when first set up two weeks ago, this problem only started last week. Mine is ok all the time, my wife's now ends the call when answered through Bluetooth

• Advertisement

No other devices, just two identical new phones.
    Btw, both worked ok when first set up two weeks ago, this problem only started last week. Mine is ok all the time, my wife's now ends the call when answered through Bluetooth

Just a thought.....would one of the Bluetooth auto-connect apps be worth a try? (even though the phone is connecting ok already....maybe an app-type connection would make a difference?)

Advertisement