Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lc points

Options
  • 02-11-2018 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Help !!!
    I have done no study!!
    How can I go from 200 points to 320 .
    I’m 4 ordinary subject

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How many HL subjects are you doing?
    Are you likely to get H3 or higher in any of them?
    Where did you get 200 points from? Are you a repeat student?

Maximise your efforts in the subjects you are good at, but make sure to meet minimum standards too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Simplyzara13

spurious wrote: »
    How many HL subjects are you doing?
    Are you likely to get H3 or higher in any of them?
    Where did you get 200 points from? Are you a repeat student?

Maximise your efforts in the subjects you are good at, but make sure to meet minimum standards too.

200 points from summer exams. 3 higher level subjects.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Put as much effort as you can into your HL subjects. if there are any projects/practical work/orals etc. make sure they are as good as you can possibly get them. Listen to what your teachers suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

I would pick small little bits to revise each night. start now not tomorrow (tomorrow never seems to happen). if teachers have given you revision sheets use them
    use studyclix to revise exam questions topic by topic
    use the marking schemes - studyclix or examinations.ie - to help you if you get stuck but be mindful they are guides only and only identify correct points - further expansion/explanation will be needed for full marks
    practice practice practice your exam papers and have teachers correct them. Do every bit of assigned homework.
    listen to feedback. review your copies/tests and see if teachers are repeating the same thing - e.g. maybe your spellings let you down/ maybe you don't explain things fully / maybe you don't give examples if asked / maybe you fall short consistently and are always a few points short - if the marking scheme wants 4 points and you only give 3 etc
    has the school had any study skills classes? what did they suggest? if not ask the career teacher are any planned? do you do afterschool study?
    sometimes its silly things like
    leave your phone on silent in a different room when doing your homework & study.
    don't have tv on in the background - i always remember the lad who swore he spent 45 mins learning an irish poem.one night. he knew it took 45 mins because he was watching the man u game at the same time....he couldn't remember the poem.but could tell you all about the match...

Advertisement