Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCVP - distinction

Options
  • 02-11-2018 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Well guys

Really in need of a distinction in LCVP as my 6th best subject. Have my portfolio next to perfect but just worrying about the exam.

Just looking to hear from those who got a distinction. In what way did you approach studying for it? Was it a last minute job or is studying on a regular basis necessary in the lead up? I heard the marking schemes give nothing away so how did you give your points some depth?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

Hi I am not a student but I am familiar with the LCVP course and portfolio/exam.

Only 1 in 10 students get a distinction, 6 in 10 get the merit, 2 pass and 1 Fail due to not sitting the exam/or an incomplete portfolio.

Portfolio is worth 60% and exam in May is worth 40%. So you could devote less time to this subject compared to your other subjects that are 100% exam based.
    Also tailor your learning knowing the distinction is (worth max) 56 points.

If you are a Business student you may see an overlap in some parts of the learning. I have come across non Business students getting their distinction also.

Why don't you start on the exam papers now and get familiar with the lingo.
    As you pretty much have your portfolio perfect focus on answering those portfolio related questions on the exam paper.

Right now:
    Study the 40 minute video and questions appearing in Section A. www.examinations.ie may have the audiovisual section online.

Have a look at the Case studies also, they are released in April and your teacher will go through all the potential questions that could be asked so when you sit the exam, you will have predicted the questions and you should have answers prepared.

No leaving cert subject should be given the "last minute" approach.

The subject/exam paper have been around years and the marking scheme released so I am not sure what you mean by they give nothing away.
    Ensure the legislation on the LCVP course are the updated versions as some laws have changed in recent years and your book may be outdated.

Good luck in the Leaving Cert, its November as you are conscientious now about your 6th subject I am sure you will do very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Hi I am not a student but I am familiar with the LCVP course and portfolio/exam.

Only 1 in 10 students get a distinction, 6 in 10 get the merit, 2 pass and 1 Fail due to not sitting the exam/or an incomplete portfolio.

Portfolio is worth 60% and exam in May is worth 40%. So you could devote less time to this subject compared to your other subjects that are 100% exam based.
    Also tailor your learning knowing the distinction is (worth max) 56 points.

If you are a Business student you may see an overlap in some parts of the learning. I have come across non Business students getting their distinction also.

Why don't you start on the exam papers now and get familiar with the lingo.
    As you pretty much have your portfolio perfect focus on answering those portfolio related questions on the exam paper.

Right now:
    Study the 40 minute video and questions appearing in Section A. www.examinations.ie may have the audiovisual section online.

Have a look at the Case studies also, they are released in April and your teacher will go through all the potential questions that could be asked so when you sit the exam, you will have predicted the questions and you should have answers prepared.

No leaving cert subject should be given the "last minute" approach.

The subject/exam paper have been around years and the marking scheme released so I am not sure what you mean by they give nothing away.
    Ensure the legislation on the LCVP course are the updated versions as some laws have changed in recent years and your book may be outdated.

Good luck in the Leaving Cert, its November as you are conscientious now about your 6th subject I am sure you will do very well.
    Distinction is actually worth 66 points not 56.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jbloggs1245

Still looking for help of former LCVP students. Would really appreciate it guys!

Advertisement