Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet Recommendations Max €250

Options
  • 02-11-2018 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,971 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm afraid I'm not too au fait with tablets as I have no need for one myself so here I am looking for some advice. The sister is looking for an Android tablet for her daughter. It'll mostly be used to play games I suspect. Currently she's using a Nexus 7 (the 2013 model) but that's starting to give up the ghost so she needs something to replace that.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Huawei Mediapad may be your best bet. I think the M3 might fall in that price range.

Some lenovo are good too, (tab 4).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Argos have some great Huawei options. Bought one for my daughter recently and it is a lot of very good quality tablet for your money.

https://www.argos.co.uk/search/huawei/category:44612121/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

The Bush own brand tablets from Argos aren't too bad and haven 32gb of space which should be good for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have the Huawei MediaPad M3. Cracking device with speakers on each end making it great for media and games.

There's one huge limitation though. Huawei have completely stripped user profiles from Android. I lent it to my son for a hospital visit, he had to factory reset it to login to his accounts and I had to reset it again when he returned it. Something to take note of if the device is being shared among kids

mi pad 4 8 inch is great value for money for what you get and is a recent tablet release

probably the best price/performance ratio I would say

good decently powerful cpu (most budget tablets have poor cpus), good screen, great battery life. be careful of mediatek cpus or lower end snadragon (4 series) or lower end huawei cpus (6 series)

here for 210 euro delivered. (when converted from usd). no customs issues as comes from EU warehouse.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-WiFi-Tablet-PC-3GB-32GB-Black-407757.html

short video review

• Advertisement
Advertisement