Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD card bargains?

Options
  • 02-11-2018 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Need a couple of SD cards good quality if any one came across some cheap ones lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

Watch Hotukdeals.com, they pop up all the time there.
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/computers

Or just use MemoryC.ie for local deals.
    https://www.memoryc.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I've bought 4 or 5 from Ali Express and they're perfect. Never had a problem. 1/3 of the price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dublin.15

wizardman wrote: »
    I've bought 4 or 5 from Ali Express and they're perfect. Never had a problem. 1/3 of the price too.

they are all fake from Aliexpress,state they are 32gb or 64gb,but are just reformatted to say that,max 7gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Groupon always have reasonable offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

dublin.15 wrote: »
    they are all fake from Aliexpress,state they are 32gb or 64gb,but are just reformatted to say that,max 7gb.

I bought "microdata" cards and didn't have an issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

dublin.15 wrote: »

not true buy off aliexpress go for good rating / loads of sales you be fine. i never buy over 32g tho

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I got for amazon. There are fakes from 3rd parties on amazon though, you can tell by the price. So I stick with "sold by amazon"

You can get software to test them, or just try and fill it to max capacity with some large files and then transfer back over again.

Some fakes might have correct capacity but poor transfer speed.

Advertisement