Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of removing anf replacing new internal door, frame and arcitrave

Options
  • 01-11-2018 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Folks..

I'm looking to buy new internal doors. What is the going rate for joiner to remove old door frame and arcitrave and replace with new ones.

I'll be buying the doors arc and frames myself. Just looking for cost od removing and fitting.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 james 17

Roughly 200 for door frame lock and arc both sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Go for pre hung doors much easier to fit & could fit yourself. Just make sure its plumb & solidly fixed

Not being smart but if everyone had that attitude there would be
    a lot of people {especially tradespeople} out of work.....doors ,even pre hung
    is not something everyone can just diy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

james 17 wrote: »
    Not being smart but if everyone had that attitude there would be
    a lot of people {especially tradespeople} out of work.....doors ,even pre hung
    is not something everyone can just diy.

Have you seen the amount of diy stores & tv programmes there are? I understand where your coming from but thats just the way it is. Everyone thinks they can diy everything. Even fellas in the building game cant make a hand of every trade there is but people are into diy & trying to save money. A pre hung door is straightforward to fit though. A lot easier than building a wall or tiling a bathroom

There are plenty of jobs around the house people can diy on them ,but im not so sure doors even pre hung is one of them, your relying on the walls and floors being plumb and level which in replacing old ones id be doubting they all are.Plus what you would save on labour youll pay for in buying pre hung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

I paid €150 plus VAT pr door just for labour last year. Hardware per door was quoted at €40 plus VAT. I opted for hidden hinges and magnetic latches, which increased the hardware cost a bit. The guy who supplied the doors also fitted them. For fitting only I was quoted €200 plus VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Comfychicken

I'm looking to get maybe 7 internal doors replaced and I believe I will need new frames as well.

Could you send details of what you got and where?

Advertisement