Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idiotic Green Party canvassing

Options
  • 01-11-2018 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭

Firstly, why try to canvass on 1 November when the elections are in May?

Secondly, when you instruct the canvasser to leave, why does the candidate rush around from the neighbouring house and up your path as if she was not covered by the same instruction?

Thirdly, why does the candidate then seek to harangue you from the path? Why not just move on?

I have voted Green in the past. Why is the current crop of canvassers/candidates in Rathmines/Ranelagh so unmannerly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wouldn't ever give them a vote again the lies and the crap they brought in.....

Green me hole....

Let's bring in cheap motor tax for cancer spewing diesel cars and then hit us all with carbon taxes.

God they are unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 68,123 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Because there could be an election in December the way things are going. Also people frequently moan they only see candidates at election time.

As goes the harranguing - the smaller parties often select people without the temperament to be politicians. Some of them even get elected!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Environmental politicians, the only people who think you can tax the country out of climate change...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Environmental politicians, the only people who think you can tax the country out of climate change...

Do want want to retype your feelings into something that will make sense when other people read it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,796 ✭✭✭ebbsy

megaten wrote: »
    Do want want to retype your feelings into something that will make sense when other people read it?

I can make sense of it.

They tax the arse out of us.

• Advertisement

ebbsy wrote: »
    I can make sense of it.

They tax the arse out of us.

The greens tax your arse? When they haven't been in power in lie 7 years?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭Ardent

Shower of bastards rubber stamped the bail out of Anglo and ruined the country. All for a few bicycle lanes and ministerial pensions.

Never again.

The greens tax your arse? When they haven't been in power in lie 7 years?

We're still living with the results of their changes to VRT and motor tax that encouraged people to buy cars that emit carcinogens and screw up asthma sufferers en-masse.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

What part are you having difficulty with?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

When they were in the dail Eamon Ryan the flute was cycling head on towards me on leeson St while I was trying to safely stop at a bus stop.

What absolute tools we have in power.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    What part are you having difficulty with?

All of it. What do you expect from positions concerted about the environment and how do you expect them to implement it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Ardent wrote: »
    Shower of bastards rubber stamped the bail out of Anglo and ruined the country. All for a few bicycle lanes and ministerial pensions.

All the parties except Labour supported the bailout. And, to be fair to FG, FF, Sinn Féin and the Greens, the economy is flying these days. Where would we be otherwise? Nobody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

L1011 wrote: »
    Because there could be an election in December the way things are going. Also people frequently moan they only see candidates at election time.

As goes the harranguing - the smaller parties often select people without the temperament to be politicians. Some of them even get elected!

Campaigning for a councillor - she was the one doing the haranguing. Given that Eamon Ryan barely recovered the seat, I doubt they’ll be running two.

Look at the "we never see you" and selecting the unstable reasons

Advertisement