Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WordPress - Default language choice...?

• 01-11-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

WordPress - Windows 10 x64

In WordPress Settings/General Settings/Site Language, I have English UK selected.

But, as I type a text, I keep seeing UK spellings underlined in red (e.g. theatre, centre, etc.) and if I right-click, the US English alternative is suggested.

Can I stop this from happening?

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭shane7

I'm pretty sure that's your browser's auto correct not wordpress that causes the red underline

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭mneylon

Chrome and Firefox have an annoying habit of defaulting to US English - but you can update it in the settings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Dinarius

That was the problem. Have changed the settings in Firefox.

Thanks.

D.

Advertisement