Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fttc options with unlimited broadband

Options
  • 01-11-2018 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭

Hi

I am currently with eir and my contract is up soon.

I was willing to renew if unlimited was offered but eir seem to be making the process as difficult as possible.

Looking into other options now - Sky I believe offer unlimited fftc. Any others?

I am very happy with the eir service itself but dealing with the company on any issue is an utter pain.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Hi

I am currently with eir and my contract is up soon.

I was willing to renew if unlimited was offered but eir seem to be making the process as difficult as possible.

Looking into other options now - Sky I believe offer unlimited fftc. Any others?

I am very happy with the eir service itself but dealing with the company on any issue is an utter pain.

Thanks

According to post I read, eir have to jump through some hoops to get existing customers on Unlimited ..... IIRC it involves moving customer to a different product and moving them back or some such.

The eir backend system is screwed up. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

According to post I read, eir have to jump through some hoops to get existing customers on Unlimited ..... IIRC it involves moving customer to a different product and moving them back or some such.

The eir backend system is screwed up. :D

There seems to be major issues with that company.
    I have always thought their constant discounts and various product offerings were a bit reckless. But that seems to be their direction.

I am fed up of having to check the data allowance and so just want to get an unlimited package.

Sky are an option but I have no interest in their tv offers. Vodafone have nothing to entice one either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

https://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/#section-2

Sky BB & Talk is now €35.00 a month for 12 months.Line rental included. Only 100mbps BB, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

https://www.sky.com/ireland/broadband-talk/#section-2

Sky BB & Talk is now €35.00 a month for 12 months.Line rental included. Only 100mbps BB, though.

I saw that alright but I want to be able to watch the pro14.

I am also wary of companies offering low prices for certain periods as you have to ring them up to cancel and you could be on the phone for any length of time trying to get through. It becomes an utter pain.

I might just leave it and not renew and see if better options open up. In the meantime eir might sort out their mess.

If they rang me I would renew for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Other options are Westnet and Airwire, depending on where you are.

And they don't change their pricing half way through.

/M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭9726_9726

Marlow wrote: »
    Other options are Westnet and Airwire, depending on where you are.

And they don't change their pricing half way through.

/M

And you get to avoid all the bull. (Call centre shenanigans, billing problems, hidden charges, teaser rates).

Advertisement