Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Kildare Town

Options
  • 01-11-2018 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

My partner and myself are currently looking to buy a property in Kildare town (we have an eye on a few, some which are in the town, and one or two a bit further out on the Monasterevin Road).

Good reliable internet is a very important factor for both of us as we often work remotely. From a quick look at the broadband providers in the area, it seems most of them (e.g. Eir, Vodafone, Virgin and Sky) provide some level of coverage, albeit some of them don't seem to go to all properties we are looking at.

Having looked at the speeds on Eir's website in particular, they mention getting of up to 5mbps which I would be worried about, given speeds can often be below this.

Would appreciate any thoughts/experience any people in the area have.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Check individual addresses. Checking with one provider(eg Eir) will give you an indication for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

Put the houses you are considering's eircode in this checker and it will tell you what services are available via a phone line or fiber:

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

Virgin use their own network and so you will have to put address into their own checker too.

Advertisement