Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail riding Leinster

Options
  • 01-11-2018 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,925 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm looking at getting into trail riding with my current bike. Its a GS Adventure with semi off road tyres. I found one or two little forest service roads around Wicklow but nothing too long.

Does anyone have any suggestions ? particularly forest trails ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭mamax

I spent my teenage years riding offroad on trails and woodland and here in ireland I'd rather a smaller bike for forest trails and the like, a smaller bike is easier to handle and pick up when you fall and trust me you will fall or else it's all pointless ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,274 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Charley and Ewan wannabe :p

They had an entire crew with them to pick their bikes up, dust C + E off, fix up their makeup and make them ready for the next staged shot...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

I see trail bikes in the Curragh and a fella on a GS sometimes. Handy thing is theres nothing to crash into bar a few furze bushes and sheep. There's plenty of trails to suit different skill levels and it's huge. You can go straight from the road to a trail. Just the MPs might tell you to get out but ive never seen them challenge anyone on a bike before.

Advertisement