Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Many Games

Options
  • 01-11-2018 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

I must say after a really barren year nearly we have now got a great bunch of games that are worth playing, when it rains it pours. I had spent the last year tearing my hair out with PUBG and burning myself out on Elite with the grind but at last we have something new

BLOPS 4 - Good game bought it, blackout so much better than PUBG
    Elite - go back into this as I wanted to see it on my new fancy 4K TV but hooked again as a major expansion is coming in the next few weeks and look very good

Red Dead 2 - this is one of the games of the year (if not the decade) apparently havnt played it probably get it later I think this would look amazing on my 75 inch...

Divison 2 coming up early next year, that will take another year off my life. New battlefield, Anthem etc etc all in the pipeline. good times ahead

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

You are only scratching the surface... I for one am going to find it hard to play all the games I want in the coming 12 months.

Battlefield 5
    Resident Evil 2 (Remake)
    Metro Exodus
    Anthem
    The Division 2
    Biomutant
    Skull & Bones
    Gears 5
    Doom Eternal
    Wolfenstein: Youngblood
    Jurassic World Evolution

These are all out or launching in the coming 12 months. Insane year coming in the gaming world.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I just dont bother much with new games. I just let them all launch and fight between themselves like some BR battle. In a years time I will buy the ones that are good and well matured with content and patches. Unless there is a game that I really really looking forward.

Game pass right now is perfect for me. Just yesterday I downloaded Hitman and I am hooked. Will check something else in game pass when bored of it.

Saving a ton of money and time this way. The days of me buying pretty much all games on launch, playing them for few hours and moving to next new thing are waaaay gone.
    Best thing about being patient gamer is that you dont have dry seasons in a year. You choose your own time slot for games and can choose from massive library.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ECO_Mental wrote: »
    I must say after a really barren year nearly we have now got a great bunch of games that are worth playing, when it rains it pours. I had spent the last year tearing my hair out with PUBG and burning myself out on Elite with the grind but at last we have something new

Elite - go back into this as I wanted to see it on my new fancy 4K TV but hooked again as a major expansion is coming in the next few weeks and look very good

Red Dead 2 - this is one of the games of the year (if not the decade) apparently havnt played it probably get it later I think this would look amazing on my 75 inch...

Divison 2 coming up early next year, that will take another year off my life. New battlefield, Anthem etc etc all in the pipeline. good times ahead

Those are rookie numbers :pac:

I don't even want to look at my unplayed games because I know I'll never get through them all but at the minute I'm playing

BLOPs 4
    RDR2
    Octopath Traveller
    Overwatch
    Hollow Knight
    Civ 6
    Dark Souls 3
    BOTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Any of my mates who own a console got RDR2 last Friday. I couldn't really spare the dough at the time, and was a little envious, but I've got plenty on the go right now.

Xbox:

Dark Souls 3 (one boss left, Slave Knight Gael, before going into NG)
    Forza Horizon 4
    Overwatch (this is a constant but gave I it a rest about 3 weeks ago, was hating it. Logged back in last night)
    Gears 4 (when I can actually get a game)
    Hellblade
    Some PUBG
    ..and just finished a back to back of Metro 2033/Metro Last Light. Can't wait for Exodus
    Gonna sink some time into Wolfenstein TNO(haven't played any of the new ones) and >Observer_ on Gamepass this weekend

PS4:

Bloodborne (went back to it for the Halloween spirit. I'm one trophy from Plat and on NG+3 ... I think it's my favourite game of all time)
    TLOU (again, went back to it for Halloween. NG+2)

I find being big into an online game like I am with Gears and Overwatch, it can take a huge chunk out of your gaming time. I have to say, I've really enjoyed the break from online competitive play. I'm really thinking twice about getting back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I just dont bother much with new games. I just let them all launch and fight between themselves like some BR battle. In a years time I will buy the ones that are good and well matured with content and patches. Unless there is a game that I really really looking forward.

Game pass right now is perfect for me. Just yesterday I downloaded Hitman and I am hooked. Will check something else in game pass when bored of it.

Saving a ton of money and time this way. The days of me buying pretty much all games on launch, playing them for few hours and moving to next new thing are waaaay gone.
    Best thing about being patient gamer is that you dont have dry seasons in a year. You choose your own time slot for games and can choose from massive library.

Couldn’t agree more with this. Only games I buy on launch are FPS and fighting games as I want to be from the start online.

Other than that I play ps plus and games I buy on sale generally €15 or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

TitianGerm wrote:
    BLOPs 4 RDR2 Octopath Traveller Overwatch Hollow Knight Civ 6 Dark Souls 3 BOTW.

They have civ 6 on Xbox now??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

ECO_Mental wrote: »

Jeeze I forgot Forza Horizion 4 I was well into that until BLOPS and elite came along. I got the games pass and I think it has paid for it self alone for FH4

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

They have civ 6 on Xbox now??

No I have it on pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The biggest problem (first world problem) is I keep getting drawn back into Older games - Destiny 2 is always niggling me to play a bit, and to a lesser extent Rainbow 6 siege, Dead Cells, etc. I've bought RDR2 and BLOPS4 recently, and find it hard to concentrate on any one thing to make meaningful inroads in them.

Theres a lot to be said for a 10 hour campaign and then done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The biggest problem (first world problem) is I keep getting drawn back into Older games - Destiny 2 is always niggling me to play a bit, and to a lesser extent Rainbow 6 siege, Dead Cells, etc. I've bought RDR2 and BLOPS4 recently, and find it hard to concentrate on any one thing to make meaningful inroads in them.

It's GTA IV for me so I can get p1ssed with Packie and play pool with Little Jacob. When cousin Roman phones and asks to play bowling, I hang up :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement