Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So - who's getting Diablo 3 tomorrow?

Options
  • 01-11-2018 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

I'm very tempted - even though I have it on X-Box - just the portability alone make it worth it for me.

I'm also waiting to see the price on the SA eShop as it's not available for pre-order there

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm very tempted - even though I have it on X-Box - just the portability alone make it worth it for me.

I'm also waiting to see the price on the SA eShop as it's not available for pre-order there

I remember a friend playing the original one on PC in front of me back in the day, I couldn't see the attraction at the time, clicking away.

I'd love to see a demo, so I can give it a go, see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I've preordered it physically from Smyths for €55.

You're right about SA - no sign of a price there yet.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/1204-diablo-iii-eternal-collection?currency=EUR

About €50 in Russia seems to be the best price at the moment. I can't see SA being too much cheaper than that to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I remember a friend playing the original one on PC in front of me back in the day, I couldn't see the attraction at the time, clicking away.

I'd love to see a demo, so I can give it a go, see what it's like.

It a lot more fun than the original I'd say - but if it's not your cuppa fair enough. I wasn't sure if I'd like it either when I got it on X-Box but I ended up loving it

Mr E wrote: »
    I've preordered it physically from Smyths for €55.

You're right about SA - no sign of a price there yet.

https://eshop-prices.com/games/1204-diablo-iii-eternal-collection?currency=EUR

About €50 in Russia seems to be the best price at the moment. I can't see SA being too much cheaper than that to be honest.

Yeah - probably not - I might just go with the pre-order digitally and have it tomorrow.

You be on for some online at some stage maybe ?

Yeah should be! It'll be weird starting over. I got up to about Torment V on PC a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I’ll get it but not at full price - already bought it on PC and Xbox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I think ill be picking it up saturday, looks fun enough but its a bit daft paying 60 for a 5yo game tho 😅

Brilliant game but a real battery guzzler. Started this morning in bed on Expert difficulty at 100% battery and was down to 9% after 2½ hours.

Hmm.... A bit like my sex life. ;):p

Got to the "fallen star" so making good progress.

Mr E wrote: »
    Brilliant game but a real battery guzzler. Started this morning in bed on Expert difficulty at 100% battery and was down to 9% after 2½ hours.

Hmm.... A bit like my sex life. ;):p

Bit like mine too, except I'd be talking minutes instead of hours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I played it on the ps4 with a barbarian so went for a monk this time around. Played the first bit and it's plays really well. Going to really enjoy this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I caved in and bought it. Playing as a necromancer. Enjoying it more than my very brief PS4 jaunt with it. It seems to suit my work commute very well though.

I think my Wizard is about level 27 now. I'm about a half an hour into Act 2.

I ran down my battery three times from full over the weekend.

I brought it yesterday, didnt think i would like it as much as i do, can see me putting lots of hours into it now too. I went barbarian.

I'm necromancer but only level 15 as haven't had as much time as I'd liek to play it.
    I may up the level as the necromance is way OP for normal difficulty

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'm necromancer but only level 15 as haven't had as much time as I'd liek to play it.
    I may up the level as the necromance is way OP for normal difficulty

Yea i went ftom normal to hard and found it much better the barbarian was too OP aswell i found. Im considering going up one more tbh tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I just thought I was really good, but normal seems to be baby mode.

Advertisement