Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Vs Eir Avaliabilty

Options
  • 01-11-2018 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭

Recently moved into a house which has not been lived in for the past 4 years or so. The house is in a estate. I had a appointment today with a Eir engineer to install broadband but he could not install it as he said there was no cable coming to the house and there was lots of trees at the back. He suggested cancelling my order with Eir as it would take years for Eir to get someone to get a cable to the house and he said the trees would be a issue. The engineer suggested I go with Virgin Media so I managed (after 2 hours) to cancel with Eir and I ordered a broadband package with VM. The call agent on the phone said my house could avail of there services and on we went and processed the order. A VM technician is due to call out in 10 days. A lot of my neighbors are with VM.

Bear in mind a Eir technician said my home is Fibre ready should I envisage any problems getting connected with VM? As I said, prior to me moving in last week no one lived in this property for over 4 years. There is no phone line in the house either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,753 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Eir and Virgin have completely separate networks. If your neighbours have VM you will probably be ok but no way of knowing for sure until the engineer has had a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is there a Chorus/NTL/Cablelink/UPC/Virgin tv outlet in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is there a Chorus/NTL/Cablelink/UPC/Virgin tv outlet in the house?

No, the neighboring houses all have upc, virgin Internet though.

Advertisement