Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic Dublin

Options
  • 31-10-2018 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Looking to find a good mechanic as I have a issue with a bike.

I was riding along a while ago and came back and found one of the crash bobbins missing. It appears who ever put it in, they cross threaded the engine mount bolt hole and it appears the threads are fairly knackered. I'd like to know if anyone could suggest a competent mechanic that could Install a helicoil into it. I tried re tapping (m12 fine pitch 1.25) it but its still not great. When I found the issue I put a standard pitch m12 into it unknowing that it was fine pitchh probably making it worse. Its holding fine but I would like to put it right.

Any ideas welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Colm17RvB

If you're in Rathmines go to Scott's in Harold's Cross, or GEM in Donnybrook, they're probably the closest. Also Moto Pitstop in Rathgar.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭neildyr

Colm17RvB wrote: »
    If you're in Rathmines go to Scott's in Harold's Cross, or GEM in Donnybrook, they're probably the closest. Also Moto Pitstop in Rathgar.

Thanks Colm. Herd good things about Gem actually. I'll give em a bell.

Advertisement