Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got an Africa Twin DCT ??

Options
  • 31-10-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got one ?

I just got one, and I have query to ask - by PM if you prefer - about registering it (long story).

TIA as they say

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 mallllias

i would love to!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,504 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Are you just randomly dragging up ancient threads to post stupid replies, or what?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

Are you just randomly dragging up ancient threads to post stupid replies, or what?

Probably a re-reg, the 7 posts appear to be stirring the sh1t in the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,766 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Eh ??

Confused I am

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I think Nikos the waiter is saving hard for one....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,280 ✭✭✭✭blade1

galwaytt wrote: »
    Anyone got one ?

I just got one, and I have query to ask - by PM if you prefer - about registering it (long story).

TIA as they say

I know someone that has a 171 one.
    I was just in his shed earlier checking it out.
    Lovely bike.
    Do you still need to talk to someone?

blade1 wrote: »
    I know someone that has a 171 one.
    I was just in his shed earlier checking it out.
    Lovely bike.
    Do you still need to talk to someone?

No, but thanks: all sorted and on the road.

The DCT is very impressive - only 500kms so far: all of it wet & miserable !!

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Cocoon

I just bought a DCT last week too, it takes a bit of getting used to. In drive mode it seems to go up through the gears very quickly, you find yourself in 6th plodding along at 60km per hour.

Cocoon wrote: »
    I just bought a DCT last week too, it takes a bit of getting used to. In drive mode it seems to go up through the gears very quickly, you find yourself in 6th plodding along at 60km per hour.

Yes, I found that too: seems weird esp on a new engine(seems like you're loading it): I've set the default to SP2: P2, EB2, T5 (iirc): much better.

Away from the lights, or coming down a slip road onto a DC or motorway the DCT is great :D

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

What about for overtaking, if you are getting ready to go, is there some way to drop a gear?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Gavin wrote: »
    What about for overtaking, if you are getting ready to go, is there some way to drop a gear?

On my NcX the DCT will automatically drop from 6th to 5th gear depending on how you roll on the throttle. There is also the option of going down the gears with the gear shift on the left of the handlebar.

Yes, I found that too: seems weird esp on a new engine(seems like you're loading it): I've set the default to SP2: P2, EB2, T5 (iirc): much better.

Away from the lights, or coming down a slip road onto a DC or motorway the DCT is great :D

I've a 171 model which must be different, set it to SP1 T2 today and it rode much better. Gets away from the lights very well alright, can't wait for a bit of decent weather although the heated grips make it comfortable to ride this weather. Must get some ACF-50 for it before the salty roads take hold.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's holding the revs back on a new engine until the mileage hits a certain figure!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Gavin wrote: »

Left hand handlebar, the grey ' - ' button is down change (for your thumb. The upchange button is out of sight in this pic, and is within reach of your forefinger on the top, front of housing (just over the headlight dip switch here). Natural positioning. You can 'tip' up or down a gear at anytime, in manual or auto mode, at will. Note: You can have a conventionally positioned, foot-operated 'gear lever pedal' as an option, but it was way over €400 and tbh, for a piece of metal with a switch (electric), not worth it. I find auto so good rarely use manual anyway.

Zzef6OA9S2LocBk2--zvKK3JQdGs7IxX2IhMqq-VwG4Fx6ghvnuB3xoJm4DXPa3AouxUT9WDy5iIKvvbQNPWc2ayNOjWw44WUREftwI18EyH9DKSloeCHJbhku95scH6FPxx_mW1d6dGVQkAe_MDpyL0KoRsB2juf24ltUzXFOlQy-ULfqVXx7zsoKUD_37WYfrPiXfkICV_od89U5j49P4wXpI90KUfpWi5wP1Eqh1O3c7KeDmMhrPezB18xIfQ-qIHQjsBljFnOo8gW3_uHojmBgJRpIzAYA6qCkhjnqZShKBs3TrJ9FztZbn1vYvI4ON1VwEGH9ruVtqHppN2QGPwUhXSawF84nb9CJgBI3aRAZV-9o3fJExO07DZd74mdpniK-jj-kWGLXm9qwEocKKFfZTvt6Hd3RemM_cQcbrLVMr7Y5ao58QKWgtn_BF6AuMWoEHITxw4iWtE6pz-vo6hpARkfw4KmXT8xQXnnl77TS5UQpSLX0nrpt7Uf7K77JnNCxn_TVgsfUB7aQLI65A3ioZnub4U_Fbo92HKsr8HegJrA-ftEuWDwuYA3twcnx9IHV_xLz1foV1RBAbPPMorfth5zAf8dflRErhCH3NzVfqhzzyWNkwBf5ez09leywhyR_x72KLAFw6RGWM7q7fjqDjto3PhARJFSbZ0Ayw7AqWM49xK1ppco2K27-dzCcoNtyjF7UJ1ZC2onMU=w577-h1024-no

Right hand handlebar, showing how you 'put it into gear': select D-S (Drive, Sport), N (Neutral). The grey switch R/M allows you to select and leave in Manual or Automatic. But even in automatic, you can select a gear up & down at will anyway, at any time.

cFG-BfY8VKr7wP6oU6bS3PpEcMUmXH-lXKjoYvDDJGM6dHI58pheSCLuRI1opuUKfuBlgdDe0A88EPEYW7NiXjHG7aa5mrCHSgsRW9cMwEjd9sisGvx0U_tiTZzF4lgDUeGXDy8VILIEbuk3SlTkr3g6yVUYY0D7IgvH7AxZqanrBAdyEZZY7WYNVZa89Fz7DFiSmN_kGbb6aJTcvmuf9bS-tJbF36um-XGg4WT20og8sjb8F21nsnWrOTHqhBtXNPHnqhfGQdxpWeMiGgG2kV2yy97HUDHYrkLP0YMfPh9XjqDrniGhd7nk4I6KJeNR0qXqVOSUrGA2ncrXmHTEFI4jt1AEzslRYpjAKDbFV1O1e8MgjcJsaz0Yb5XprLZL0JmIGWBpPcJiksYOSWkCUeUwU4Oxg7nzSMSnjHhK9aFKmapOJmkI81lng47xrVtiszlCjIDCtKcCZ9ZslDmJmbgc7VeqMMvvXARabq0Mporpdm7TMbYR4l4pFcdIcWHoLCXVAaQdGZFH-GHym_Q5OfFI167OV5K8Soaa6dosDTHK7J6Ew4GRGe4Uky8gvgzCT5hJ3LrgiP__rLjbw8OIAmr00E7usAfuUbL7F3Jjcp0jwfo7aJBCpzr9t6GPBl52hK_zAFAgCjE2Nv-2D5wfAcMeWk2NBk5jNqH6KLrvBm1K3Jf1LqfJBuGnr2SqHE1A9NFFFWSFRtkCG5LfWZo=w577-h1024-no

This goes take getting used to: but you really do get used to it - Look Ma, no hands ! :D

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipOXNqMVhiOxkw9lvC_tldmKBuLvKNATVprSQsT87FkdiY3YaEfPEIG1kzuRLsCgRQ/photo/AF1QipOFCHIlxEGEmIqncgY4dr4bX8jpLnKYCW86PB0n?key=YmZjaUozWThRSTBBbXRJTksxVXVJREw5ZXhLQjlB

Ode To The Motorist

Would be forever hitting the hazards trying to start the bike :p

Would be forever hitting the hazards trying to start the bike :p

That's the first thing I done, the horn seems to be located where the indicators should be. Takes a bit of getting used to.

Indeed - or change up when you thought you did 'flash-to-pass', or change down when you went to beep the horn, etc etc.

Ode To The Motorist

Advertisement