Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the best Chinese restaurant in Castlebar?

Options
  • 31-10-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

somewhere that does an early bird menu...3 course job...starter, main, dessert.

looking on google but hard to tell from photos whats a good place.

thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

Might not be exactly what you are looking for ....a suggestion....Lana.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Lana is Thai, but still Asian of course.
    Lana in Galway is very good so if the Castlebar branch is close then it's worth a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭clogher71

biko wrote: »
    Lana in Galway is very good so if the Castlebar branch is close then it's worth a visit.

I have been in both more than once, and Castlebar is way ahead of Galway. Galway is small and cramped, and most of all you don't get to make your own ice cream in Galway as they don't have the 'get your own cone' machine!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Of course its better than Galway... like isn't everything in Mayo better :D:P:P

Lana is top, never got bad food out of it. Must try Galway also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

I like the Chinese restaurant on Main street.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I've yet to try any of the Chinese restaurants in town. They're all fairly bleak imo.

Lana is a nice spot, modern, relaxed and good food. It's as close as I would go to a Chinese in town.

Was the one on Main Street closed for renovations?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

PARlance wrote: »
    I've yet to try any of the Chinese restaurants in town. They're all fairly bleak imo.

Lana is a nice spot, modern, relaxed and good food. It's as close as I would go to a Chinese in town.

Was the one on Main Street closed for renovations?

The Oriental closes a few times a year as the people who run it go back home, but this time it was for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,111 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Xenji wrote: »
    The Oriental closes a few times a year as the people who run it go back home, but this time it was for renovations.

Good to hear, I've heard it's decent but I've always been put off by the appearance of the place.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,199 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The only one I've ever ate inside is the one on main street and it was pretty good. Generally just order take away from Golden Sea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

Oriental food is actually decent
    But its like stepping into the 1960's when you walk in the door
    So collection only

It's trade has surely been hit by LANA

• Advertisement

Oriental food is actually decent
    But its like stepping into the 1960's when you walk in the door
    So collection only

It's trade has surely been hit by LANA

They renovated earlier in the week.
    What about New Dagon ? i used to eat there, but I dunno.
    In general something dodgy about Chinese restaurants and take away's in Ireland.
    They have to be money laundering or doing immigration offences.
    Some of them are open 24 * 7 with no customers - don't tell me they are selling food.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

This is not the place for general unsubstantiated talk about Chinese restaurant's business practises.

Stick to recommendations please

This is not the place for general unsubstantiated talk about Chinese restaurant's business practises.

Stick to recommendations please

Did you just break a charter rule ? No backseat moderation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Elemonator

lana-lana-lanaaaa.jpg

Hope that helps.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

6541 wrote: »
    Did you just break a charter rule ? No backseat moderation.

[Mod Note ]Also a moderator on here. As said, no pub stool talk thanks

Advertisement