Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wed 31st Oct

Options
  • 31-10-2018 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭

Got small word for two today at small prices......not a fan of short priced horses
    but sure i'll stick em up anyway. :
    Cadre Du Noir (1.10 Nott) 4/1
    Empire State (3.50 Dun) 1/1.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Pushaq looks a good bet in the 4.25 at Dundalk at around 9/1.
    Comfortably beat Perfect Tapatino last time at Gowran and that one has gone on to win off higher marks since. Has been raised 8lbs to 70 for that win but was competitive off a mark of 80 on the AW round this time last year. Has run moderately over hurdles since last flat run but was 16/1 there and easy enough to overlook. Should be able to get on or near the pace early and Gavin Ryan's claim should help too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

2.30 Fakenham, Move with the times, currently around the 1.63 mark, Laying this, might need the run. The second fav should win it but just sticking with the lay.

2.40 Notts, Dr Doro, currently around 4.1, having a win bet on this.

Good luck in your betting today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Im not usually one for the shorties but i thought Peter Fahey's colt (Sky Moon) would be a fair bit shorter than 11/10-Even money when looking at this race last night. I had his somewhere in the 8/11-4/6 bracket in this against pretty moderate opposition. In the first race (2.50)

Also i like Gunmaker who had plenty of excuses when well fancied last time out. He is a hold up performer and needs plenty to go his way but i feel this race represents an ideal opportunity to get back to winning ways with a handy 7 being claimed. There was a bit bigger out there earlier but i managed to get on at around the 13/2 mark and thought that was still fair. (3.50)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

I think you're bang on about that sky moon Kiers47. Currently around 2.06, I can't believe the price is so big. I'm going to have a chunky win bet on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

kiers47 wrote: »
    Also i like Gunmaker who had plenty of excuses when well fancied last time out. He is a hold up performer and needs plenty to go his way but i feel this race represents an ideal opportunity to get back to winning ways with a handy 7 being claimed. There was a bit bigger out there earlier but i managed to get on at around the 13/2 mark and thought that was still fair. (3.50)

Gunmaker looks like a bit of a monkey and will prob fall in soon enough but would need too much to go right to win for me, thought Dandys Gold came with the least strings attached in that myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

maximo31 wrote: »
    Got small word for two today at small prices......not a fan of short priced horses
    but sure i'll stick em up anyway. :
    Cadre Du Noir (1.10 Nott) 4/1
    Empire State (3.50 Dun) 1/1.

Well that didn't go well.
    Cadre Du Noir seemed very green ,will watch for next run.Easy winner though.
    Empire State just couldn't get there. Close finish. Fourth home , Globe Theatre is one that i'd take from it. Eased up a bit i felt when in with a small chance....
    only seen once on my phone so will have to watch back.

Gunmaker looks like a bit of a monkey and will prob fall in soon enough but would need too much to go right to win for me, thought Dandys Gold came with the least strings attached in that myself

Its not really the strongest of contests that is the only reason i plumped for him. I think he is well capable of winning off his mark which was one of the only ones i could really say that about in this field.
    He was 9/1 last night. Im not sure who does the pricing on Dundalk at times in these firms but they make an absolute balls of the overnight prices so often and get corrected for absolute pennies.
    Pretty frustrating but that is a different thread i suppose.

A value loser. haha

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Mikedrop

Wedding Photo in the last at Dundalk should run a big race. Ran a decent race back in September after being off the track since March. She has been well supported throughout the day, was as big as 12/1 this morning and currently 13/2 with PP.

Advertisement