Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media Deal ????

Options
  • 30-10-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Existing customer for years just for broadband and am paying €65 a month and only getting 70mb download and 10mb upload speeds

I'm also a virgin media mobile customer

Not happy spending €65 a month for this no more , you even have better offers for new customers

can a rep pm me asap

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭ozzy78

Existing customer for years just for broadband and am paying €65 a month and only getting 70mb download and 10mb upload speeds

Not happy spending €65 a month for this no more , you even have better offers for new customers

can a rep pm me asap

I'm in the same boat. Paying nearly 60 per month for broadband only. Thinking of switching to eircom and getting premier League through BT

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You should probably post in the Virgin Media forum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

ozzy78 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Paying nearly 60 per month for broadband only. Thinking of switching to eircom and getting premier League through BT

Exactly what i was thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’ll have to change your username

• Registered Users Posts: 8,738 ✭✭✭degsie

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’ll have to change your username

eir_VM_VF_Sky_Sux is my suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

Well .. you're doing better than the average and way better than what NBP requires.

You do know, that the price on your mobile goes up, once you're not a virgin broadband customer anymore?
    can a rep pm me asap

So you come onto a public forum, that has no commercial ties and ask a rep to contact you instead of contacting some providers to find a better deal ?

Talking about couch potato kingpin :) Or being a lazy bollix :p

I mean, with that attitude, it's no wonder that EVERY provider will suck at the end of the day .... because they're not queing up on your doorstep for a fist fight of whoever is going to serve you at the best price.

/M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Marlow wrote: »
    Well .. you're doing better than the average and way better than what NBP requires.

You do know, that the price on your mobile goes up, once you're not a virgin broadband customer anymore?

So you come onto a public forum, that has no commercial ties and ask a rep to contact you instead of contacting some providers to find a better deal ?

Talking about couch potato kingpin :) Or being a lazy bollix :p

I mean, with that attitude, it's no wonder that EVERY provider will suck at the end of the day .... because they're not queing up on your doorstep for a fist fight of whoever is going to serve you at the best price.

/M

What a mong

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I bet your actually getting 240mb/s from Virgin. They don't typically deliver lower speeds like 70/10 unless their is a line fault which is usually fixed.

If you are getting 70/10 it is probably because you are using wifi and testing it over wifi and your wifi gear is limited.

To properly test your Virgin broadband you should connect a computer to your modem directly using ethernet and then test it. That should tell you what real speed they are delivering.

You can then work on improving your wifi performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wait wait wait, BK posting in BB again?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ED E wrote: »
    Wait wait wait, BK posting in BB again?

Haha hey <waves> :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement