Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tablet request

Options
  • 30-10-2018 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭

I currently have an iPad, 8 years old and now very slow. I want a replacement but not happy to pay apple prices. I just use it for browsing etc, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭micks_address

why not buy a secondhand ipad from donedeal or adverts? if you go back a few years should get something decent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Zelda247 wrote: »
    I currently have an iPad, 8 years old and now very slow. I want a replacement but not happy to pay apple prices. I just use it for browsing etc, any suggestions?

which one is it and have you done any resets on it over the years? I have the 3rd generation since 2012, but each year for the last 3 years I've done a full reset. Ok, so you've to re-install all the apps etc, but a complete reset keeps it ticking over very well.

Mine's still working perfectly, although it's stuck on ios iOS 9.3.5 - some newer apps may not work fully or even at all, but for general use it's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Thanks Zelda, bought 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

GBX wrote: »
    Thanks Zelda, bought 3!

Damn. Out of stock now

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭djo789

I'm beginning to suspect this isn't the bargain that I first thought it was :D possibly dare I say "Not a Bargain" :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

The page is down as they're updating in advance of new ipad models, but the refurbished prices from apple are pretty good. Got my mum an ipad 4 (I think??) for €350 earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Buy an decent android and leave the Apple church - it will be better for your soul in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I want to get away from Apple, any recs for Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

At the top end and downward
    These are all 10 inch approx.
    Samsung Galaxy Tabs S3 (€550+)
    Asus ZenPad (€300+)
    Huawei MediaPad M5 (<€350)
    Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 ot 3 Plus (€250 & €380)
    Huawei MediaPad M3 (€220)
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (€350+)
    Lenovo Tab 4 (€220)
    Lenovo Tab E10 (€140)
    Amazon Fire 10 (€190)
    (and a few more notably Acer& Asus)
    Best value for quality, build and price are the Lenovo (IMO). Entry level at around €140 up to the Yoga tab 3 plus or Pro @ €380 & €580
    So it depends on how much you want to spend - If I had €380 in my pocket, probably go for the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, if my budget was €200, would go for the Tab 4.
    If I wanted a direct replacement for an iPad, probably go Samsung.

• Advertisement
Advertisement