Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Outside of school

Options
  • 29-10-2018 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

Realistically speaking, if I had a revise wise physics book would I be able to teach myself physics outside of school ? My sister did it for her leaving cert and my dad is an engineer so I would have help if I needed it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Buy a text book. There's plenty available second hand. A revision book is for revision. It doesn't go into the detail that a textbook does. If you are going to teach yourself physics outside school spend the extra €20 on a textbook. Even from the point of view of having questions for 'homework' the textbook would be more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ialison

Buy a text book. There's plenty available second hand. A revision book is for revision. It doesn't go into the detail that a textbook does. If you are going to teach yourself physics outside school spend the extra €20 on a textbook. Even from the point of view of having questions for 'homework' the textbook would be more useful.

Are there any experiments counted for the exam ? If so i will not be able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

No there is no percentage given towards a project/copy etc. Section A on the exam is based on experiments. You should have a look at a past paper.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,160 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Talk to your JC Science teacher. Tell them what you are planning. They may be able to help you out with the experiments, or arrange for you to go somewhere else to complete them.

http://leavingcertphysics.weebly.com/mandatory-experiments.html

Advertisement