Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 1 hour 50 minutes enough to connect in Athens Airport for Beirut

Options
  • 29-10-2018 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

There are two terminals in Athens, (presumably one is Schengen and one is non-Schengen).

The Irish flight will obviously arrive in the non-Schengen terminal so could we catch out flight easily onto Beirut.

It's Aegean Airlines all the way, so will our bags go straight though? Even though one leg of the journey is non-EU?

If I book it, and Aegean change change or cancel the Dub-Ath leg of the journey, what will happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

TK Lemon wrote: »
    There are two terminals in Athens, (presumably one is Schengen and one is non-Schengen).

The Irish flight will obviously arrive in the non-Schengen terminal so could we catch out flight easily onto Beirut.

It's Aegean Airlines all the way, so will our bags go straight though? Even though one leg of the journey is non-EU?

If I book it, and Aegean change change or cancel the Dub-Ath leg of the journey, what will happen?

wayhay! someones using my Bargain Alert post! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭VG31

https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-information/at-the-airport/connecting-passengers/

Read this. Dublin to Beirut is non-Schengen to non-Schengen so you're bags will be transferred straight through. It appears that the only situation where you would have to reclaim your bags would be if you were flying from outside the Schengen zone, with your destination in the Schengen zone.

In that unlikely event, you would be given the option of rerouting or a refund.

And 1 hour 50 minutes is enough time if all the flights are on the one booking.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Is their flights later in the day? If so book it. If you miss your connection the airline will book you on to the next flight at their cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

Transferring in Athens is a breeze.

Just follow the connecting flights sign, through security and you are back at the gates. Non Schengen to non Schengen transfer is so simple.

Your bags should change planes by yourself. Quick transfers with Aegean are safe enough. If anything goes wrong they have to sort it.

Advertisement