Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing connection - EIR

Options
  • 29-10-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Since I have had my broadband intalled I have had a few issues with connectivity. First time I reported the fault and they sent a technician out he sorted it out but it didn't last very long (at best a week). Now, for the last 2 months it was still dropping the line but over the last 2 week's or so it doesn't last much longer than 5 minutes at a time. Called tech support who said that someone will be out to check the issue outside but I'm sceptical that they will actually resolve it permanently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭KingCong

Robert81 wrote: »
    Since I have had my broadband intalled I have had a few issues with connectivity. First time I reported the fault and they sent a technician out he sorted it out but it didn't last very long (at best a week). Now, for the last 2 months it was still dropping the line but over the last 2 week's or so it doesn't last much longer than 5 minutes at a time. Called tech support who said that someone will be out to check the issue outside but I'm sceptical that they will actually resolve it permanently.

Same thing happened my in-laws, their router was crashing each time and had to be replaced. It's been fine since. Log into the router and check the up time, if it corresponds with the time the broadband drops then that's the problem, call them and insist and getting a replacement router.

Advertisement