Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir F2000 DNS

Options
  • 28-10-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been trying to change DNS settings on F2000 router. It did work previously but not currently. Can anyone confirm I have changed DNS in the correct location on router settings as per photo please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

There is another location on router settings that reference primary and secondary DNS but I guess the ones in photo attached should not be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Peppa Cig wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been trying to change DNS settings on F2000 router. It did work previously but not currently. Can anyone confirm I have changed DNS in the correct location on router settings as per photo please?

On the F2000 router go to Internet, Internet Settings, then scroll down to GE WAN-1

Click EDIT
    Scroll down to where you see
    IP Information and
    IPv4 primary DNS server:

then just to the right you can enter your DNS settings for Primary and secondary .. once done Click SAVE

There is another location on router settings that reference primary and secondary DNS but I guess the ones in photo attached should not be changed?

Thats where you replace your DNS settings ...

Thank you Rob, I’ll try that

Changed DNS setting in both locations shown in photos above but DNS service test still fails.

DNS service showing as running ok on vendor side.

Any suggestions welcome :)

I also rebooted router after saving changes

• Advertisement

I can change DNS on individual devices as it works. Just wont work via F2000

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

GE wan is for ftth, the vast majority of f2000s are in use with VDSL so thatd be the int to change.

Thanks Ed,

I changed the dns settings in the two areas shown in photo but not dns service test fails.

I can connect to internet but can not avail of dns services

Am I missing something?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Thanks Ed,

I changed the dns settings in the two areas shown in photo but not dns service test fails.

I can connect to internet but can not avail of dns services

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Did you reboot the router then reboot the device you wish to use the alternative DNS on?

Did you reboot the router then reboot the device you wish to use the alternative DNS on?

Thanks for suggestion but does not resolve.

I can change dns on each device with success but cannot get F2000 over the line. I suspect I’m missing something on router settings.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Thanks for suggestion but does not resolve.

I can change dns on each device with success but cannot get F2000 over the line. I suspect I’m missing something on router settings.

Try entering the new DNS servers under Internet > GE WAN-1 (I think you have FTTH)
    Save

Then under Home Network > DHCP Server
    Click Gateway acts as the DNS proxy.
    Save

Reboot router, then reboot devices.

Try entering the new DNS servers under Internet > GE WAN-1 (I think you have FTTH)
    Save

Then under Home Network > DHCP Server
    Click Gateway acts as the DNS proxy.
    Save

Reboot router, then reboot devices.

Thanks Navi. Yes FTTH. I had your settings above as per photos. I changed DNS under GE WAN as highlighted in red in attached photo. Should I change something extra under GE WAN?

Thank you

Thanks Navi. Yes FTTH. I had your settings above as per photos. I changed DNS under GE WAN as highlighted in red in attached photo. Should I change something extra under GE WAN?

Thank you

no, once you have changed the DNS settings under GE WAN-1 and click save it should be good to go ... i didn't have to change the settings anywhere else ..

What is it are you exactly trying to do ? why are you changing the DNS settings ? and how do you know why they are not working ?

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    no, once you have changed the DNS settings under GE WAN-1 and click save it should be good to go ... i didn't have to change the settings anywhere else ..

What is it are you exactly trying to do ? why are you changing the DNS settings ? and how do you know why they are not working ?

Hi Rob, trying to get WiFi devices to access vpn service.
    Tv connected via Ethernet and can access services required.
    iPad etc cannot access services unless I manually configure DNS.
    Some WiFi devices e.g. Roku cannot change dns settings meaning I cannot access services via router.

Hi Rob, trying to get WiFi devices to access vpn service.
    Tv connected via Ethernet and can access services required.
    iPad etc cannot access services unless I manually configure DNS.
    Some WiFi devices e.g. Roku cannot change dns settings meaning I cannot access services via router.

Can you check the network settings on your TV and IPAD and see what is set for DNS eg do they have the router IP address as the DNS or something else ?

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Can you check the network settings on your TV and IPAD and see what is set for DNS eg do they have the router IP address as the DNS or something else ?

iPad has router IP so will not access the desired services online. I can manually change the vpn dns settings on both tv and iPad to access desired services.

But I’m trying to have the router dns set with vpn settings so everything on network uses the desired dns settings

Thanks

iPad has router IP so will not access the desired services online. I can manually change the vpn dns settings on both tv and iPad to access desired services.

But I’m trying to have the router dns set with vpn settings so everything on network uses the desired dns settings

Thanks

If you have the router setup with the correct DNS settings that you require

(I think it has been mentioned in this thread to change the DNS settings under GE WAN-1 as well as under the DHCP settings) .. then with your Ipad and TV set as using your router IP address as the DNS (eg 192.168.1.254) then these devices will use whatever DNS is then set in your router ..

If your TV is working correctly hard wired to your router (using teh routers DNS settings) then just make sure that the DNS settings under DHCP is set correctly as well ..

Advertisement