Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take the High Road

Options
  • 28-10-2018 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here ever watch this soap set in a fictional Scottish village? I remember RTE showed it weekdays during the day. It had a great theme tune as well.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I used to watch it! Great soap. Really enjoyed it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It was shortened to High Road & then cancelled iirc.

Used to watch it too. Used to be on around midday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

In one episode, the music didn't play over the closing credits, due to a tragic death during it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Remember it well. It was like a Scottish version of Emmerdale but when they started all the murders, scandals and other unrealistic plots in the 90s viewers turned off and it was cancelled.

It was prime time viewing in Scotland back in the day.

Then it turned into "a really long, **** episode of Taggart" according to my stepmum!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Remember it well. It was like a Scottish version of Emmerdale but when they started all the murders, scandals and other unrealistic plots in the 90s viewers turned off and it was cancelled.

It was prime time viewing in Scotland back in the day.

Then it turned into "a really long, **** episode of Taggart" according to my stepmum!

Half of the cast used to be in Taggart back then as well.

Used to watch that too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement