Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead | Season 9 | Episode 4 | The Obliged [AMC] [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 27-10-2018 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

The Walking Dead - Season 9

Episode 4 - "The Obliged"

Airdate - October 28th on AMC at 9/8c | October 29th on FOX UK at 9PM

Rick's vision of a civilized future is threatened by a sudden reckoning with past sins that remain unavenged and unforgiven.

Promo

Sneak Peek

Episode Verdict? 24 votes

0%
    0%
    12%
    FreudianSlippersdownesysabhail 3 votes
    16%
    big sykeKirbybrianregan09duffysfarm 4 votes
    16%
    thegreengoblinD3V!Ltheunforgivenjrkb 4 votes
    8%
    charlietheminxxalchemist33 2 votes
    16%
    Darth Melkorwillowthewispdavo2001engiweirdo 4 votes
    16%
    shineon23terryduff12Banjaxed82Keplar240B 4 votes
    4%
    tvnutz 1 vote
    8%
    Blazerstevensi 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Some sloppy writing in this episode tonight also for some reason the T-1000 comes to mind :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Very handy the way Ann had a ready supply of chloroform in the mist of the zombie apocalypse to dose Gabriel with :roll:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

The ending reminded me of the last of us. That injury can be fixed up no bother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Nice ending of the episode which made me think Rick will be Eatin alive or wonder if he could survive it only to have that suspense for the next episode be ruined when a trailer for the next episode followed straight after showing him on his bloody horse holding his wound.

Dunno why I still watch this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Nice ending of the episode which made me think Rick will be Eatin alive or wonder if he could survive it only to have that suspense for the next episode be ruined when a trailer for the next episode followed straight after showing him on his bloody horse holding his wound.

Sure Maggie will ride to the rescue even though the horde are literally 10 yards away from Rick.
    When you think they’re improving it’s a an illusion. It’s the same old cliche ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Daryl will pull up on the bike and take Rick back where he will spend the rest of the season dieing the mopiest soppiest most miserable death possible. Feck it even if the deads ate him we'll be subjected to a non stop mournfest for the rest of it. Flashbacks and "intense" emotional moments galore. Gimple wants a good flogging, this is the aftermath of his work.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

I love how theirs a gang of zombies eating a horse on the ground in michonne` s flashbacks but on previous episode there were 3 zombies leaving tiny bites on a saviors and got up and moved away from him when they heard a sound ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I think he'll end up with tetanus. That iron support he fell on to looked mighty rusty. He'll then turn in to a zombie but because he'll have lockjaw he won't be able to kill anyone else haha

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I wonder if it will be a Carl type exit.. he gets off the metal, and manages to get away and then in 2 episodes, he stands in front of the mirror with the bite

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Thought it was a good episode.

Looking forward to next week, although I thought Rick would disappear so they could leave the door open for him or he would go out in a blaze of glory (and not die by injuries caused by falling off a horse!!), it doesn't look to be the case. Will get a dream sequence episode next week and he will be a walker come the end of it and be killed off. Bit of a let down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,139 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see they got the slow type heard of walkers on the road so should get at least an hour long episode out of it before they actually get near Rick.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

There were some issues and writing that obviously sets the table a bit too obviously, but it was one of the best episodes in seasons.

Mods: can you add a poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

it wasnt chloroform, it was a pair of her panties...

davo2001 wrote: »
    Very handy the way Ann had a ready supply of chloroform in the mist of the zombie apocalypse to dose Gabriel with :roll:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »

You don't have to watch trailers, just switch it off. Then your surprise won't be ruined. It's a really simple thing.

And also, by telling us about the spoiler you're actually spoiling it for others! Just put the info in a spoilers tag, that's what they're there for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Thankfully I stopped watching this garbage a while back.

Gonna come back for the episode when Rick dies and have a party.

It went down the sh1tter a long time ago. Even the numbers voting in the poll show how few watch it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There were some issues and writing that obviously sets the table a bit too obviously, but it was one of the best episodes in seasons.

Mods: can you add a poll?

I’m sorry but what? Are you mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭stevensi

Keyzer wrote: »
    Thankfully I stopped watching this garbage a while back.

Gonna come back for the episode when Rick dies and have a party.

It went down the sh1tter a long time ago. Even the numbers voting in the poll show how few watch it anymore.

I stopped watching as well .God it turned out to be one of the worst shows ever put on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I decided to log onto a TV show forum to tell everyone I don't watch the show.............

stevensi wrote: »
    I stopped watching as well .God it turned out to be one of the worst shows ever put on TV.

Thanks for letting us all know...

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

yeah its a laugh now complete and utter garbage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Damn, if Rick is going to die at least have him go out in a blaze of glory - falling off a horse?? C'maaaaan, that's not befitting of the main character. I like the idea of the upcoming flashback sequences, that does seem appropriate, but even if he had got bitten in a walker fight (always a risk), maybe the others in his group saw it happen but he evades them in the melee and and just goes away by himself to die...I would have preferred that to 'oopsie, I fell over'!

On another note, I wonder who the 'hanging walker' was that Michonne came across during her night rambles. He seemed pretty uh, fresh....was he a Saviour? Or just some randomer hanged by other, unknown randomers? Will we ever find out....

DoozerT6 wrote: »
    Damn, if Rick is going to die at least have him go out in a blaze of glory - falling off a horse?? C'maaaaan, that's not befitting of the main character. I like the idea of the upcoming flashback sequences, that does seem appropriate, but even if he had got bitten in a walker fight (always a risk), maybe the others in his group saw it happen but he evades them in the melee and and just goes away by himself to die...I would have preferred that to 'oopsie, I fell over'!

On another note, I wonder who the 'hanging walker' was that Michonne came across during her night rambles. He seemed pretty uh, fresh....was he a Saviour? Or just some randomer hanged by other, unknown randomers? Will we ever find out....

Impossible to see him going out like that, it's just a way of ending the episode on a cliffhanger...to show that he's in serious trouble.

Decent episode in keeping with the season so far. Although I thought they would actually show Maggie arriving at Alexandria, it would have raised the tension more ahead of next week.

Expect a huge spike in ratings for the next episode as lots of viewers tune in just to see what happens with Rick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

There is not a chance he will die in my opinion. They will bring him back eventually to wrap up the show

I imagine his departure will (theory but I will spoiler tag it as it is a theory that has been going around for a few weeks)
    be connected with the chopper and Jadis' dealings with the people on board. many are speculating that the chopper people are the same people who met with Maggie last season, the old woman who was selling records or something? There is probably some human trading going on with Jadis and these people and that is what the distinguishing of A and B as type of people that Jadis was on about to Fr G.

This is not a spoiler or anything to do with the comic, just a lot of speculation online.

Also (and this is a spoiler)
    there is another time jump after Rick's departure so we don't have to endure the mourning process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I'm interested to know what will happen to Negan in this season. Will he be released, or escape, and go all Lean-y McBackwardson again? Will he be a changed man and become a valuable ally? Will he be killed?? Or will he still be in that cell in S10?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

I think this sums up how a lot of us are right now:

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2018/10/30/local-man-to-stick-with-the-walking-dead-if-it-****ing-kills-him/

EDIT- oh wait, the link won’t work because it contains the word fcuking.

Advertisement