Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi auto 22 magnum

Options
  • 27-10-2018 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

The father in law is looking for a new dog/fox gun and he would like a semi auto 22 magnum. A quick Google search later I have seen the cz 512 seems like a good option has anybody any experience with these rifles in terms of reliability? I also seen the ruger 10-22 22 magnum has anybody any experience with these? Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ruger magnum is just its beefed-up 22lr action. So its proven. But pretty rare around here.If not in general.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cadpat_cowboy

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Ruger magnum is just its beefed-up 22lr action. So its proven. But pretty rare around here.If not in general.
    I'm after seeing one online so I'm going to call the shop on Tuesday and see if it's still available. Was reading last night and they seem perfect for what he wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bobbie78

I cant speak for the magnum but i have the cz512 in 22lr and its a great rifle very reliable and accurate. I have the rifle about 8 months and must have put 2 thousand rounds or more through it and have not had one malfunction. I have fed it all makes and types of ammo from subsonic to high velocity and she works like a dream. I have seen lots of reviews on youtube and forums of the magnum and it gets great reviews good accurate rifle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Remington 597 is good shot loads of foxes with one.

bobbie78 wrote: »
    I cant speak for the magnum but i have the cz512 in 22lr and its a great rifle very reliable and accurate. I have the rifle about 8 months and must have put 2 thousand rounds or more through it and have not had one malfunction. I have fed it all makes and types of ammo from subsonic to high velocity and she works like a dream. I have seen lots of reviews on youtube and forums of the magnum and it gets great reviews good accurate rifle.

I seen the cz 512 on YouTube but I can't seem to find one online in irish shops. What length is the riffle do you know?

• Advertisement

Remington 597 is good shot loads of foxes with one.

Never heard of them man I'll look them up now thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Asus1

I seen the cz 512 on YouTube but I can't seem to find one online in irish shops. What length is the riffle do you know?

Ardee sports Louth have them online

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bobbie78

Ardee sports is were i got mine. Not sure of the length id have to measure it but mine is the short carbine version with a 16 inch barrel. Ardee sports are the dealer for cz in ireland so id give them a call if its the 512 your after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭Gorgeousgeorge

Had a marlin 922m. Nice gun.

Advertisement