Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First world problem: how can I make thumbsticks quieter!?

Options
  • 27-10-2018 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭

So my main play time is when misses a sleep. So far it was not big of an issue, but since I started playing Forza it became an issue. I wear headphones and I dont hear it, but it can get very loud when you on rally and off road course.
    Anyone would have any kind of solution to it? I tried putting hair ties around, but those are too big. Any kind of rubbery solution to it?

Its getting at the point where I can't play some games during the night, because its just too noisy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

So my main play time is when misses a sleep. So far it was not big of an issue, but since I started playing Forza it became an issue. I wear headphones and I dont hear it, but it can get very loud when you on rally and off road course.
    Anyone would have any kind of solution to it? I tried putting hair ties around, but those are too big. Any kind of rubbery solution to it?

Its getting at the point where I can't play some games during the night, because its just too noisy.

I think I saw something on reddit where they put elastic bands on the yokes.

There.....

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/9ccmfr/silence_your_xbox_controller_with_tiny_rubber/

• Registered Users Posts: 27,817 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rubber O rings?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079NJ87D4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ycd1BbZSDD3G4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

TitianGerm wrote: »

That is perfect. Different sizes and all. Any idea if it would be possible to pick this up somewhere locally instead of ordering online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,968 ✭✭✭emaherx

That is perfect. Different sizes and all. Any idea if it would be possible to pick this up somewhere locally instead of ordering online?

Halfords. Any motor factors. Lidl/Aldi sometimes

Halfords or a auto parts shop I'd assume? The o rings are used to seal gaskets etc.

• Advertisement

Thx lads. Would they be stretching enough though?

Thx lads. Would they be stretching enough though?

Should be a little bit of stretch in them but can you not take your thumbstick off?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Should be a little bit of stretch in them but can you not take your thumbstick off?

On an xbox controller you need to open it up, I've fixed a few of them, they can stick a lot due to wear and tear, there are handy guides to open them online, pretty easy enough anyways.

astradave wrote: »
    On an xbox controller you need to open it up, I've fixed a few of them, they can stick a lot due to wear and tear, there are handy guides to open them online, pretty easy enough anyways.

Shadow has an Elite controller I think though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Soon enough anyway, judging by the other thread. In the meantime, use a small elastic band and wrap it around a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Shadow has an Elite controller I think though.

Not till christmas he doesnt :pac:

astradave wrote: »
    Not till christmas he doesnt :pac:

Does he not have the normal Elite and is getting the White one for Christmas?

Does he not have the normal Elite and is getting the White one for Christmas?

Lol, that escalated quickly. :D
    I have normal ones and asked misses to get me elite white controller as xmas present. Its pretty much 2 months before I can put my hands on it. :(
    Here hoping elite controller is not as loud.

So yeah, I am trying to figure out how to sort out controller thumbsticks to not be so loud. That rubber band set is perfect. Lots of sizes to try out.
    I am working all bank holiday weekend, so the earliest I can get to Hallfords is Tuesday.

So just an update:
    I got o rings set in hallford. Looks same as amazon one, but its no good at all. Those are way to stiff andthe ones that are prefect size are impossible to get on.
    I got some electrical tape and tried to put a layer around thumbstick. It kind of worked. For some reason 3 direction got a lot quieter, but one direction still cery damn loud.
    Will try to put up a new layer properly and maybe it will work better.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If I will tell her to use ear plugs, she will shove them up my whole and I will be banned from playing x box in bedroom forever. I am not even talking about gigidi for next 3 months!!!

Advertisement