Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kawasaki KL 600 Eliminator running problems

Options
  • 26-10-2018 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

I have a Kawasaki KL 600 Eliminator, it was standing for months, and ran like a bag of s**t when I started to ride it, turns out the plugs needed a good clean (top of the plug that connects with the plug cap), it ran sweet after doing this, then I put it away for the night, started it the next day, and when the engine is warm, there is a high pitch , high rev whine coming from the bottom of the engine, it starts at high revs, above 5000rpm...

any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,504 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Throttle and choke cables and linkages moving freely and closing properly? If so then an air leak - carb rubbers or diaphragms.

Wait - do you mean it goes to 5000rpm when you start it?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,504 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Helpful. Timely, too :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Do you want to sell it OP ?

Advertisement