Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update Apple ID Settings

Options
  • 26-10-2018 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

Every second day or so I am getting this notification in the 'System Systems' on my Mac. it then says "Some account services will not be available until you sign in again".

This has only been happening for about the last 2 weeks (maybe around the time of the change to Mohave?) but it is really annoying.

Has anyone come across this and know how to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Myself and a colleague at work were getting this recently, after changing broadband provider. Turned out the firewall settings on the new router were too strict - when we set them the next level down, things calmed down (took a day or so, for all of the sign-in requests to cease).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, I've been getting this too.

Actually, I've only been getting it on an iPad which stays at work, not on my iPhone at home or work, or on my Mac which stays at home (all on same AppleID).

Could be an Apple server issue, or could be dependent on iOS or MacOS version (my colleague's iPhone is a few versions behind, and my old 2011 iPad is on iOS 9.3.5 - can't be upgraded any further).

Haven't had it for a few days now (ceased late last week).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Type 17 wrote: »
    Myself and a colleague at work were getting this recently, after changing broadband provider. Turned out the firewall settings on the new router were too strict - when we set them the next level down, things calmed down (took a day or so, for all of the sign-in requests to cease).

I haven’t changed my provider and haven’t fiddled with router so don’t know why this is going on. As I was saying, I think it started around the time of the OS update but I’m not sure. Apart from that, everything else is the same. Twice again yesterday.

Fair enough, our broadband/router change must have been a coincidence.

BTW, once you actually are signed in, you don't have to sign in again, I just kept hitting Cancel and it stopped happening after a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I signed into iCloud in Safari. It says 'you are signed in and running iOS 8, Mac Yosemite, watchOS 1, or later on these devices.

iMac, iPad Air 2 and iPod Touch - 7th generation.

Anyway, back to iCloud in the iMac's settings. It was taking my password, but it kept also requesting the device password. It wouldn't take that. I think this was because I had to reinstall the OS a while ago and changed the machine's password. Ended up doing something to reset the encrypted data to sort that. I hope that's OK, I don't rely on iCloud much. At least the update request is gone now.

I’m still getting the requests. It actually stopped for a while but over the past week or so it’s started happening again. Sometimes I have to enter my password a few times before it eventually goes away

Got it on my iphone today for the first time too

I'm still getting this and for the past week, every time it happens, it happens on all 3 of my devices (phone, iPad and Mac).

Advertisement