Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fulcrum Red Power 27.5" CL Boost MTB Wheelset

Options
  • 26-10-2018 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wonder can someone help, i bought the above wheels for an old Giant Talon on Chain Reaction. They didnt come with the quick release inner axle so theres just a clean hole straight through.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction as to what I need to make these road worthy?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭bikedude

bullvine wrote: »
    Hi,

I wonder can someone help, i bought the above wheels for an old Giant Talon on Chain Reaction. They didnt come with the quick release inner axle so theres just a clean hole straight through.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction as to what I need to make these road worthy?

Thanks,

The boost wheels have longuer hubs and won’t fit on old models. They are true axle 15mm and usually not too easy/possible to convert. You need to check the bike model and see if it is boost or non boost.

What you likelly need is a non boost, quick release (qr) wheelset.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

bullvine wrote: »

Send them back for a refund..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Send them back for a refund..
    thanks i am going to do that, cheers

Advertisement