Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tortoise lamp

Options
  • 23-10-2018 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Wondering if anyone can suggest a good UVB bulb and is there such thing as an energy efficient one?! We currently have two, the UVB and the basking lamp, is that overkill? I see a lot of tortoise tables with only one lamp..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

CocoSoft25 wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can suggest a good UVB bulb and is there such thing as an energy efficient one?! We currently have two, the UVB and the basking lamp, is that overkill? I see a lot of tortoise tables with only one lamp..?

Hi, you need heat and uvb. Some bulbs are called combi bulbs and can omit both heat and uvb. Others can't.
    If you are looking for a good combi bulb I would recommend the mega ray bulb

http://www.megaray.co.uk/mega-ray-bulbs-c-50.html

They post to Ireland. Some other brand combi bulbs are very poor with uv output.

Advertisement