Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Van rental with drop off in another county?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,751 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It will have to be one of the big boys, e.g. Hertz and Enterprise, as most of the small players have a single base. If trying Hertz, anything complicated is usually better done over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Will probably be a lot more expensive doing it that way. Can you not leave your car somewhere in Dublin and collect it when you drop the van back?

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

Wheety wrote: »
    Will probably be a lot more expensive doing it that way. Can you not leave your car somewhere in Dublin and collect it when you drop the van back?

I wish, only have the one car and the wife and kids need it. I found a few spots that will do a one way with a transit for around 60. Found one crowd that will do the box van for 245 so not too bad compared to the quotes I'm getting from AnyVan

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭fiverfriday

Is the GoCar (GoVan) an option for you? Get a friend to drive you down and return the van to its original spot?

Advertisement