Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray to Rathmines, Marathon Sunday

Options
  • 24-10-2018 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

I have invited some friends of mine from Bray to visit me in Rathmines for lunch this Sunday afternoon, 28th October.

I had completely forgotten that that day is the day of the Dublin marathon.

I am not keen to postpone the arrangement. My friends can drive but I am not sure there is any good route on that day.

I have sent a suggestion that they go to Cherrywood and come in by Luas.

Any alternative suggestions gratefully considered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I have invited some friends of mine from Bray to visit me in Rathmines for lunch this Sunday afternoon, 28th October.

I had completely forgotten that that day is the day of the Dublin marathon.

I am not keen to postpone the arrangement. My friends can drive but I am not sure there is any good route on that day.

I have sent a suggestion that they go to Cherrywood and come in by Luas.

Any alternative suggestions gratefully considered.
    Very easy; simply drive in the N11 past Donnybrook turning left at the Appian Way then Charleston Road/Castlewood Avenue to Rathmines. They cannot use Milltown Road. Otherwise a fairly normal route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Thanks but are you sure that that will be possible around 1pm this Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

Traffic will be a sh*t show, always is when marathon on. They need to give themselves a lot of time to get to you...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,231 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Thanks but are you sure that that will be possible around 1pm this Sunday?

Yes; the marathon joins the N11 at Fosters Ave but stays in the bus lane and goes over the UCD flyover. City bound traffic continues through to Donnybrook as normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Thanks Marcusm. The route you suggest is the one my friends took successfully.

Advertisement