Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Gaming Chair/College Work

Options
  • 24-10-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

As the title suggest I was wondering what chairs you guys use and if you have any recommendations?

I was very close to purchasing the secret lab Omega chair and then I came across a few people that said it was not comfortable (I know chairs shouldn't be too comfortable but people were saying it was like seating on a slab of concrete), so I reckoned it best to get some other opinions first.

Budget wise I would be €350 - €400 max, I will be using it for both gaming and college (almost constantly) so I see the money as a good investment. Something with good support with prolonged use would be perfect.

Thanks,

DigBipper.

Comments

No doubt you'll get someone on saying 'don't get a racing style chair as they're rubbish'. I have a GT Omega racing style chair and it's amazing.

https://www.gtomegaracing.com/gt-omega-pro-racing-office-gaming-chairs

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DigBipper

No doubt you'll get someone on saying 'don't get a racing style chair as they're rubbish'. I have a GT Omega racing style chair and it's amazing.

Great stuff mate, will have a look at them. Nice price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Not to be a visual snob, but why do they have to look so garish!? I'd consider one myself, but they look so specific it'd be hard for them to look well in a room.
    @OP: if you're near to it, and don't mind the couples having meltdowns in the afternoon, hit up IKEA and sit in the chairs for a while. You might be surprised by what you like.
    Also, something to bear in mind beyond the support of the chair is the breath-ability - I have a chair (forget where I bought it) but either way the back of it is a breathable fabric. Can be a bit more comfortable if you tend to wear heavier clothing or are prone to being good & warm.

Just get an all black one if the bright colours offend. I suppose they do the various colours so you can match it to whatever your setup is. Helps folks like myself with OCD. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 41 DigBipper

Dardania wrote: »
    Not to be a visual snob, but why do they have to look so garish!? I'd consider one myself, but they look so specific it'd be hard for them to look well in a room.
    @OP: if you're near to it, and don't mind the couples having meltdowns in the afternoon, hit up IKEA and sit in the chairs for a while. You might be surprised by what you like.
    Also, something to bear in mind beyond the support of the chair is the breath-ability - I have a chair (forget where I bought it) but either way the back of it is a breathable fabric. Can be a bit more comfortable if you tend to wear heavier clothing or are prone to being good & warm.

I dunno though, it might be nice having a racing car chair to go with my racing car bed, no?

I am down in the sticks I'm afraid so a day trip to Ikea would be out of the question. I understand where you are coming from but to be honest I don't hate the look of them, and when I'm sitting in it I won't be able to see it!

As for the potential ladies that might be invited back to chateau Digbipper, and catch a glimpse of it, lets just say they will have smaller issues to be contending with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

DigBipper wrote: »
    I dunno though, it might be nice having a racing car chair to go with my racing car bed, no?

I am down in the sticks I'm afraid so a day trip to Ikea would be out of the question. I understand where you are coming from but to be honest I don't hate the look of them, and when I'm sitting in it I won't be able to see it!

As for the potential ladies that might be invited back to chateau Digbipper, and catch a glimpse of it, lets just say they will have smaller issues to be contending with.

dude I know your on the internet but ladies and pc gaming?

Is that even a thing? :pac:

What about the 'Gam3r G1rlz'? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Can be a bit more comfortable if you tend to wear heavier clothing or are prone to being good & warm.

Meaning they prevent the onset of swamp arse OP.

An often overlooked quality in life's consumable market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Can be a bit more comfortable if you tend to wear heavier clothing or are prone to being good & warm.

Meaning they prevent the onset of swamp arse OP.

An often overlooked quality in life's consumable market.
    I speak from experience

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I bought a Secretlabs Titan recently and I'm very happy with it.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I got this from IKEA for 160 and find it very comfortable. Gets lots of good reviews online which is why I pulled the trigger..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Any well proven office chair is what I get and what I would get again in future. That markus above is good or something more expensive like a hermon miller aeron etc. Gaming chair is more of a gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I bought a Secretlabs Titan recently and I'm very happy with it.

I've been tempted to treat myself for xmas but there's no where near me to try one which is a bit annoying.

Tell me is the base/seat bit connected directly to the back? Or can you lean back and cause the back to tilt without the base going with it? Biggest issue I have with my current chair is it's all connected as a unit so if I lie back into the chair the base/bit I sit on tilts up which raises my legs off the ground which cuts off circulation.

What material did you go for?

Why is a gaming chair a gimmick? I had one of those Markus chairs and it was horrible. The gimmicky gaming chair I have now is night and day.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Why is a gaming chair a gimmick? I had one of those Markus chairs and it was horrible. The gimmicky gaming chair I have now is night and day.

They might be good or bad but office chairs have already been rated and tested for decades. A lot of gaming chairs are just crap chairs made to look cool to appeal to gamers. Some might be good but it's an expensive thing to test? Ive sat in all the popular ones at gaming events and compared to my aeron I'd never get one if the ones I've tried. A lot of people buy certain gaming chairs because twitch streamers are paid to sit in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They're usually not bad chairs but you're paying high markup for branding and 'le gamer' design malarkey. I bought this from a friend for 50 quid

AduoNLS.jpg

Can't find any branding anywhere. Does the job for me and I only took the offer because my previous black office chair from woodies was literally falling apart.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I must be unusual in that I would like a recliner along with a desk that has a slanted down keyboard / mouse tray. I want to be able to sit back, relax and play. Never understood the sitting upright approach to gaming. Not really found a good solution though and no I'm not ready to start using a gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,316 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

these days I recline back with my feet up on an old PC under the desk (must get a better footrest) and use a gamepad unless it is an FPS where I need M&B, I have an UW monitor so it is not a problem seeing the screen

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ErikaDeanda

Arozzi Monza Series Gaming Chair works great. This is really comfortable for long games. It is much cheaper than DX Racer, which I originally requested, plus its vinyl/tread, so it can be wiped off Unlike the cheapest DX, this is a very durable fabric, but still a fabric that won't wipe clean

• Registered Users Posts: 12,220 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm using a Secret Labs Omega. Love it. Comfortable and adjustable.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,021 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I have the Markus chair from IKEA and it's really good. I used it through college, for gaming, work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

I have the Markus chair from IKEA and it's really good. I used it through college, for gaming, work etc.
    I use the same one and it's excellent. If you can get to IKEA it's worth testing out their chairs to get the best fit. I'm fussy, I don't think I would buy online unless it was a direct replacement.

Advertisement