Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek Roscoe 6

Options
  • 24-10-2018 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I am looking for a bike on the ride to work scheme, and decided the Trek Roscoe 6 is the one I want.

Has anyone here got a Roscoe and what is there thoughts. I like the over sized tyres on the 27.5, but didn't want to go to a 29er

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

irish1759 wrote: »
    I am looking for a bike on the ride to work scheme, and decided the Trek Roscoe 6 is the one I want.

Has anyone here got a Roscoe and what is there thoughts. I like the over sized tyres on the 27.5, but didn't want to go to a 29er

Just bought an Orbea Laufey.
    27+ tyres, takes 29 too, and a bit more aggressive than the Roscoe. Worth a look too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 irish1759

I will have a look at that later, probably one of the only brands I didn't look at. I like the single drive on the front of the Trek. Is there a stockist of them in Ireland as getting it in the bike to work scheme.

rizzodun wrote: »
    Just bought an Orbea Laufey.
    27+ tyres, takes 29 too, and a bit more aggressive than the Roscoe. Worth a look too.

Just check the website, they do look pretty nice, definitely want something all those lines. But the Orbea would be out of my price range. Wanted to keep it about 800€ just to see how I get on.

Just check the website, they do look pretty nice, definitely want something all those lines. But the Orbea would be out of my price range. Wanted to keep it about 800€ just to see how I get on.

I mentioned it on another thread so I kind of feel like I’m spamming about it now, but I picked mine up from Bikeology in Naas using the bike to work and finance.

However I don’t know much about the Roscoe only that it wasn’t as aggressive as I wanted, they could be great, find some reviews online.

EDIT: MBR gave a generally favorable review.
    https://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/trek-roscoe

I mentioned it on another thread so I kind of feel like I’m spamming about it now, but I picked mine up from Bikeology in Naas using the bike to work and finance.

However I don’t know much about the Roscoe only that it wasn’t as aggressive as I wanted, they could be great, find some reviews online.

EDIT: MBR gave a generally favorable review.
    https://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/hardtail/trek-roscoe

Had another look around online at bikes, and decided to spend a bit more. Came across a nukeproof scout 275 sport for just over 1k seems to be better equipped than the Roscoe too. Only people I could find in Ireland that sell them was in Dun laoghaire was will need to take a trip out and have a look at one

• Advertisement

Had another look around online at bikes, and decided to spend a bit more. Came across a nukeproof scout 275 sport for just over 1k seems to be better equipped than the Roscoe too. Only people I could find in Ireland that sell them was in Dun laoghaire was will need to take a trip out and have a look at one

They've gotten fantastic reviews, more aggressive than mine, and a really capable bike, Blake Samson from GMBN has one. Check out the YouTube channel for his reviews on it.

They've gotten fantastic reviews, more aggressive than mine, and a really capable bike, Blake Samson from GMBN has one. Check out the YouTube channel for his reviews on it.

Just watched the How hard can you ride your hard tail video, then the Whistler edition one. Both bids he used his nukeproof scout, gave it some proper punishment, and those jumps were sick.

Looks like I'll order the scout, it looks proper bad ass

Just watched the How hard can you ride your hard tail video, then the Whistler edition one. Both bids he used his nukeproof scout, gave it some proper punishment, and those jumps were sick.

Never say that advertising doesn't work! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭ec18

I hear Blake has the Pro model it includes the jump & trick lever that takes care of all that :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Buddy has a Scout 290 Sport. Well, he had. I have it in my spare room at the moment. :pac:

He hates the Suntour fork, and has upgraded the brakes after less than 6 months, so be careful of what spec you order. Other than that he's only fitted a dropper and he loves it, having come from a full suspension hard-tail. I'm hoping to take it out for a spin on Thursday to see what something with more aggressive geometry than my own is like on the trails. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement