Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Gear

Options
  • 23-10-2018 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Looking to get some new gear for kickboxing / MMA.
    Do people have recomendations or links on the following items;

Shin guards
    Gum shield
    Compression tops and pants
    Shorts
    Gloves 10oz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

I posted this across in the ma&sd forum, but may be helpful here too
    Speak to your coach, as clubs will often have deals struck with suppliers/shops that can reduce the cost. Also, he or she will be in the best position to clarify the type of gear you need depending on the level of contact etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

cletus wrote: »
    I posted this across in the ma&sd forum, but may be helpful here too

This, the only thing I've ever bought is a pair of 16oz Rival RS1-Pro's for sparring because the club was buying 12oz for sparring and bag work and I like my hands too much for that ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This, the only thing I've ever bought is a pair of 16oz Rival RS1-Pro's for sparring because the club was buying 12oz for sparring and bag work and I like my hands too much for that ****.

I remember years ago we were encouraged to use light bag mits for the heavy bag. I use Adidas 16oz for the bag now and wouldn't use anything lighter.

I remember years ago we were encouraged to use light bag mits for the heavy bag. I use Adidas 16oz for the bag now and wouldn't use anything lighter.

Yeah i used to use 12oz for everything but my hands are ****ed from catching elbows and foreheads in training. Never hurt my hands in a fight weirdly enough.
    With the 16oz on i feel like I'm could punch walls and not hurt my hands. So handy.

Btw i meant the only things I've bought myself, as opposed to stuff bought through clubs, was 16oz gloves. Because I'm a picky fecker and like the rivals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭cletus

16oz all the way for bag work, and do your sparring partners a favour and buy a separate pair of sparring gloves. The amount of fellas I’ve seen hammering the shïte out of a bag (and the stuffing out of the gloves), who then turn around and want to spar with the same gloves...

• Advertisement

cletus wrote: »
    16oz all the way for bag work, and do your sparring partners a favour and buy a separate pair of sparring gloves. The amount of fellas I’ve seen hammering the shïte out of a bag (and the stuffing out of the gloves), who then turn around and want to spar with the same gloves...

I've like 4 pairs of RS1-Pros. I use the older pairs for bag work and the fresher ones for sparring.

Advertisement