Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tuesday 23rd Ocotober

Options
  • 23-10-2018 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭

The racing seems fairly decent today and looking to make back some cash. I was sick for a few days but looking to get back to winning ways hopefully today.

1.45 Gowran, Singer. I'm going to be laying this. It stayed on over 7F on soft. I feel it would be better at 6f on soft. Currently around 2.68'ish, I'll be happy to lay at that price.

2.00 Yarmouth, Frankellina I'm looking to lay this too, currently around the 2.2 mark which I think is a great price to lay. The horse is by Frankel which warrants respect obviously, but there a quite a few in here with excellent pedigrees and i really feel 2.2 is well well well underpriced. Going to lay it hard

2.30 Yarmouth, Maqsad. Currently fairly short at around 1.5'ish. Yes it's short but I feel this is a certainty. Second over 7f, the sportinglife wrote stayed on @ one pace. Stepped up to a mile today, I'll be getting stuck in hard on the win even at 1.5.

2.40 Newcastle. Looks a 2 horse race between Wiretap and Turjomaam. I'm not a fan of wiretap at all. Turjomaam won an average race but I still think it'll be too good here. I'll be having a decent win bet on Turjomaam, currently around 1.93'ish

2.45 Gowran, Tankerville, currently around the 2.5 mark, I'm looking to lay this. This is a bit of a whisper I got, was told it will improve for the run. I wasn't going to have a bet in the race but I will now.

Hopefully today will be a good day. Good luck to everyone who is betting today.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

Just backed t for tango in newcastle in the first at 9/1 with betfair. Looks huge.
    Also backed maymine in the 3.15 in gowran. Trip should suit but maybe it's not soft enough. She's one i've been keeping a real close eye on and she's flying down the weights for running in unsuitable conditions. Badly stumbled from a bad draw during her race the last day too. I think she could collect today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭irishgoat

Some good money for that singer in the 1.45 @ Gowran, currently 2.08. I wanted to lay it @ 2.68 but very happy to be now laying 2.08 and up/downwards. I'll be shocked if it can win today regardless of the support for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Baasha in last race at Kempton a max bet for me. Ran very well under very gentle handling last time and arguably could/should have won with a more forceful ride, that was first run back from a wind op and looked an improved horse to my eye. Amazed that double figure prices are available tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

irishgoat wrote: »
    Some good money for that singer in the 1.45 @ Gowran, currently 2.08. I wanted to lay it @ 2.68 but very happy to be now laying 2.08 and up/downwards. I'll be shocked if it can win today regardless of the support for it.

Thought it looked a solid FAV at 5/4+ myself, one place behind a filly that was beaten less than 2 lengths in the Boussac lto is pretty strong in context of this race

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭bookman2

irishgoat wrote: »

Nicely done! pity about frankel filly winning the 2.00 tho!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

I'm fairly sure I put up Richard Hannons Fox Champion who runs in the next in Kempton as an outsider at some wild price in the Coventry and he was withdrawn very late on the day.

Interesting they thought enough of him to send him to Ascot on his second start and now starts here again after obviously something being amiss. Interested to see how he gets on. All be it not a betting race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

kiers47 wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure I put up Richard Hannons Fox Champion who runs in the next in Kempton as an outsider at some wild price in the Coventry and he was withdrawn very late on the day.

Interesting they thought enough of him to send him to Ascot on his second start and now starts here again after obviously something being amiss. Interested to see how he gets on. All be it not a betting race.

A far cry from the Coventry but won snugly enough.

Advertisement