Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rewire E14 lamp

Options
  • 22-10-2018 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

To cut a long story short, I want to rewire a lamp I just bought so it has a longer lead and no inline switch. Before I start hacking away at the lamp, I wanted to check if it's going to be possible/easy or not.

The base of the lamp has this bolt. Am I correct in thinking that this needs to be loosened to allow the cord to be pulled up through the body of the lamp?

And in terms of the bulb holder, I'm assuming I need to separate the holder, and unscrew wires from the terminals, and replace with new cord. But how do I separate the two parts? I know E27 has the release tab inside to allow you to unscrew, but not sure if the same applies to this E14.

Any advice welcome!

Advertisement