Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking for work near Infirmary Road

Options
  • 22-10-2018 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi, I'm starting a job on Infirmary Road in a few weeks. I've looked at my public transport options which would involve a train from Donabate and a Luas from Connolly plus a short walk. It's a bit of a trek so I was wondering about parking in the Phoenix Park and walking from there. Does anyone know what the parking is like in the park on weekdays? I know traffic will be very heavy but I'm looking at a very early start using public transport which would be ok if I didn't have kids to consider. Anyone using the Park on a regular basis for parking and what's the best route to take? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,415 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Park and Ride available the Red Cow for red Luas customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,876 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

babyboom wrote: »
    Hi, I'm starting a job on Infirmary Road in a few weeks. I've looked at my public transport options which would involve a train from Donabate and a Luas from Connolly plus a short walk. It's a bit of a trek so I was wondering about parking in the Phoenix Park and walking from there. Does anyone know what the parking is like in the park on weekdays? I know traffic will be very heavy but I'm looking at a very early start using public transport which would be ok if I didn't have kids to consider. Anyone using the Park on a regular basis for parking and what's the best route to take? Thanks in advance.

Really, Public Transport is your best bet. I think they have curtailed parking on Chesterfield Avenue in the Park recently, and there is nowhere else around. Maybe email the Phoenix park superintendent, see the website to find out more.

Anyway, guessing you are either in the Courts or DPP etc. if so, your employer will provide you with a taxsaver ticket for PT. Win Win. Best of luck in the new job.

Check out all options.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise parking had been restricted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,405 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Park and Ride available the Red Cow for red Luas customers.
    driving to the red cow from donabate seems to be setting yourself up for a world of hurt if there's an accident on the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

If you're working in DPP or Criminal Courts of Justice there's free staff parking. If not and you are reliant on street parking, area is a nightmare to park. Witness the marked and unmarked Garda cars strewn across footpaths and double yellow lines every single day. Amazing to think the money the CCJ complex must have cost to construct, yet nobody considered where all the guards needing to attend court will park. Very Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭babyboom

If you're working in DPP or Criminal Courts of Justice there's free staff parking. If not and you are reliant on street parking, area is a nightmare to park. Witness the marked and unmarked Garda cars strewn across footpaths and double yellow lines every single day. Amazing to think the money the CCJ complex must have cost to construct, yet nobody considered where all the guards needing to attend court will park. Very Irish.
    I'll be working in DPP so if there's staff parking that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭mobby

Parking in the Park is grand, not that much of a restriction on Chesterfield Av, there are marked areas for Garda who have to attend the Court , but i don't think anyone bothers to check who's who and there are plenty of other areas, It is very busy in summer or when the schools are off, but if your early you will get a spot. It would be a nice little walk to Infirmary Rd to be honest and you would want to be a bit wary on the coming darker evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

I'll be working in DPP so if there's staff parking that would be great.

Ah you'll be grand so.

Advertisement