Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough Doon Co Clare facilities info

Options
  • 22-10-2018 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Will be in East Clare pike fishing at the end of November, and was hoping someone would have some info on how the lakes are fishing for pike? Please pm me.

Also, does anyone know where I could hire a boat for the day for one of the smaller lakes, not Derg ?

Finally, what is the access / fishing stand situation like on Doon? Have been to many locations listed on Fishing Ireland and the info always seems to be very out of date i.e. most stands gone or underwater, carparks and access roads closed and overgrown etc

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Richie

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's been an awful long time since I did any fishing but there was always great Pike fishing around, Doon especially, don't know about now though as it's been an awful long time as I've said.
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/shannon/tulla.htm I'd give them a call here and they should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 richfl

Clareman wrote: »
    It's been an awful long time since I did any fishing but there was always great Pike fishing around, Doon especially, don't know about now though as it's been an awful long time as I've said.
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/pike/shannon/tulla.htm I'd give them a call here and they should be able to help you out.

Thanks very much Clareman, I'll contact them directly.

All the best

Advertisement